The Criminalization of Christianity

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jesse17, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Below is a part of an article from the ACLJ website. If you call yourself a Christian, I ask that you sign the petition on their website.

You can read the rest of the article, and sign the petition at This Link

Thank you,
    Jesse

The Criminalization of Christianity
    DEFEAT THE “DEFAMATION OF RELIGIONS” RESOLUTION IMMEDIATELY

Today, Christians around the world face more danger than ever before because of their religious beliefs. Now, the latest push by the Organization of the Islamic Conference at the U.N. to criminalize Christianity has a deadly new twist. A move is reportedly underway to make the anti-Christian measure, “Combating Defamation of Religions,” BINDING — MANDATORY — for member nations, including America. It would criminalize proclamation of the Gospel around the globe. Speaking out against Islam, for example, would be an international crime.

2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

That's an interesting spin.

Christianity has persecuted anyone who isn't Christian for a couple thousand years. Millions have died and been tortured because they were heathen. Now, a measure has been passed to defend the rights of the persecuted and Christian groups are in an uproar over it?

In all Honesty, Jesse, I wouldn't worry about having to convert to Islam just yet.

3. BPond

BPond New Member

Christianity never persecuted anyone. Corrupt jackasses in the Catholic church did that, and they did so, in direct conflict with Jesus' teaching.

Jesus taught us not to pass judgment on others, and to forgive those who wrong us. Anyone doing the opposite of these things, and still claiming to be acting in the name of Christ, is a liar and a fraud.

Speaking of islam, the throat-cutters and murderers do what they do in adherence to what Mohammed said, and follow in his very footsteps.

Jesse17, never forget that Jesus said, "Ye will be hated by all men for my name's sake."

4. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Don't forget, he also said "Love thy neighbor," "Resist not evil," "Turn the other cheek," and "Judge not, lest ye be judged"?

I suppose that doesn't apply to queers and baby killers though, does it?

Just as many bad things happen, every day, in the name of Christ as happen in the name of Islam. Right now, we're "blessed" with having the hate of Islam being semi-politically correct.

When was the last time you read Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7)? Do you live it? No need to tell me that you do, it's a rhetorical question. Only you and your savior know for sure.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Don't be stupid, people.

1. People have been killing each other in the name of religion since people have walked the earth.

2. No religion is exempt.

3. Christians have been killing Christians since Christianity has been founded.
    Most recently, see Northern Ireland.

4. Muslims have been killing each other since Islam has been founded. See Sunni v. Shia v. Kurds

5. Even the oldest religions on Earth have been doing so. See Buddhist history.

6. Even tibal religions have been at war in Africa.

When it comes to religion, humans will go to extremes in the name of their faith and they will kill without predjuice.

Common sense and the rule of religious law has never seen common ground.

There are factions of EVERY religion on this planet that will never compromise. See extremist.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  6. BPond

BPond New Member

Who said anything about queers and baby killers? You're reply is puzzling, because it doesn't make any sense.

If I commit some awful crime, and say I did it in the name of Christ, that makes Christianity at fault?

7. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Im not religious and I'm not gonna be religious just because some Islamists say I have to. It's not that I don't believe in God, I do but I don't believe I have to go to church.

I can't help but think that more wars have been fought and more people have died throughout history because of religion. It's all because someone somewhere decided that because "I don't believe, You can't believe!" or vise versa.

Anybody ever watch "Star Trek"? This move is too much like the "Borg" in which they assimilate or kill their enemies. You must believe and act like us or die!

8. mwsfarm

mwsfarm New Member

Thanks for the post Jesse- the ACLJ has done a lot for us "Jesus Freaks". I'm afraid it is going to get worse before it gets better- "they" are attacking us from all sides: economy, RKBA, religion, as well as legislating immorality. Remember, the good guys win in the end.

Who knows when the end is going to be, the moral of the story is BE READY.

9. MrKimber

MrKimber New Member

I'm with you jesse. I have also signed the petition.

mattg, this is as much an issue of "freedom to choose" for yourself as it is a christian issue. Would you prefer that the christians loose their ability to serve God? Your rights might be next.

10. mr1911

mr1911 New Member

Mr Kimber is dead on, people like Matt might just find themselves without the right to reject religion one day, because of laws being passed limiting people's rights to practice the religion of their choice,....very foolish near sighted stance to have.

P.S. Matt, you're signature statement is working against you,........

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  11. user4

user4 New Member

Most people are ignorant about Christianity. Especially "Christians". Don't mistake being a Christian (follower of Christ) for being religious (member of an order). The two are mutually exclusive. A true Christian should never describe himself as religious. It doesn't mean they shouldn't minister to hurting pregnant mothers, or reach out to homosexuals. A practicing Christian should not condemn anyone. Sadly, this has not been the experience of most people's interaction. There are a few, however, who are working to change that perception and to condemn our past failings.

12. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Here's a question:

Why can't I speak out against Islam? Islam has been speaking out against and punishing other religions without consequence for a long time.

:mad:

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That's exactly right!!! I'm not religious, I'm a christian.

14. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Islam is a righteous religion. Muslims believe in one God (Ala), they believe in the Mother Mary, and they believe in Jesus along with Mohammad as prophets. Their hang-up with Christianity is the Trinity. In Islam's view, if you believe in the Trinity your are a pagan. It is all black and white with Islam, one God, whereas, Christianity is faith based, because of the Trinity.

Yes the Crusade were organized terrorism. It is alright in God's eyes to protect your family and your country, but let God do God's work. This is where Islam misses the bus. You can't go to war in God's name, He doesn't need our help.

I signed the petition. I believe that our faith-based religion will keep us strong. Without it, I don't want to take that chance.

15. user4

user4 New Member

If Islam is indeed righteous, Christianity is not. Jesus said that "no one comes to the Father except through me". That is either true, or it isn't.

They believe Jesus was a lesser prophet, but this makes no sense if Jesus claims to be God incarnate. Is Jesus just the insane prophet who's sometimes right, but other times insane?

All religion is faith based. Christianity believes in one God as well. What do you think the trinity is? Three different gods?

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

And that is what I want to know as well. Why can they put out a Jihad on an author - in fact calling for his Death and that be "okay"??

Why can they threaten to kill journalists and editors of newspapers for printing a cartoon depiction of a "God" they have no proof existed and that be "okay"??

All religion is responsible for wrong doings in their past. More blood has been spilled in the name of "X Person of Utmost Power / Faith /Whatever " than there is tea in China.

The key problem with Islam is that they haven't evolved and they still believe that killing everyone who isn't THEIR version of Islam is okay, and the general public is okay with that....

JD

17. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I signed the petition. I am a Christian and a proud Infidel.

18. user4

user4 New Member

People love to say that, but it isn't true. There have been far more deaths due to atheism. See China, the U.S.S.R., Vietnam, Cambodia etc. It does not lessen the grotesque fact that people have murdered for their religion. Christianity(as a practice) at least acknowledges it as "wrong" even if it wasn't adhered to.

Sorry, I didn't mean to diminish your rant. You are right and true about your right to bash Islam being thwarted. It's still cool to bash us Christians though. Because we just plain suck ;)

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am not bashing anyone of the recognized religions at all, I AM bashing the hell out of Society as a Whole AND Islam because I think the two are moronic.

Fact: The Crusades Happened and People Died
    Fact: Christians went to the ends of the Earth, preaching their version, and people died.
    Fact: Tibetan Monks killed themselves in protests.

All of the modern religions, for the most part, have at least admitted they might have, kind of, maybe sort of, did some stuff that wasn't the best judgement in the past. Whatever.

Yes, Communism killed people too. As did the Plague. As did the Nazis. But there were societal factors in ALL THOSE DEATHS that were surrounded in "Religion" - or some bastardized version there of

And, if you look at what I said:
    I was including the likes of Stalin and Hitler and Pol Pot and any other yay who that was in charge and didn't like people NOT believing what THEY believed.

I have no problem with Christians. I don't really have any problems with Catholics, my sister is a converted Roman Catholic and I have 8 Neices and Nephews. I don't have any problems with Buddhists.

I DO have a problem with the Churches behind the religions - but it's minor ( and a lot of it has to do with asking for money of the poor when you have plenty of it already ) , except for the Catholic Church who I feel has some 'splaining to do... :rolleyes:

But ISLAM is where I draw the God Damn Line. I got a HUGE Effing problem with that "religion" and I have a BIGGER problem with people that seem to think this "religion" is harmless and in no way a threat....

20. user4

user4 New Member

Please know that I am not trying to be contentious. I also agree with most of what you are saying. I am just attempting to help you be MORE right;) I also get that your problems is not with anyone's particular faith, just those who practice it to idiotic proportions. This is actually a daily fight with me. I fight more with "Cultural Christians" than anybody else. Cultural Christians are those who grew up attending church and they think that they are all Jes-a-fied and know know all there is to know about Christianity. These are the murderers, book burners, and overall detestable punks that most of us take issue with. It is sadly those that people call "the Christians". They are not.

I'm far too busy fighting MY assclowns to be worrying about the other ones. I hate looking like a fool because of them. Jesus is a way cool righteous dude and I think even he's embarrassed. But since he doesn't hate homosexuals, Muslims and women who terminate their children, I won't either. Can ya feel my groove?