The Crap Moment - Bear Climbs Tree to See Hunter

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

The is the OH Crap Moment!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9KdwP2L3f8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9KdwP2L3f8[/ame]

2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Fracken awesome............!!!! :d

3. rurak

rurak New Member

Wait till Orangello sees this

4. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

That's about a 9.6 on the pucker factor!:eek:

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That's cool. I definitely would have had phone recording in one hand and sidearm in the other.

6. saitek

saitek New Member

man first you say it then you do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

The description refers to a grizzly bear. Grizzlies climb trees about as well as dogs climb trees.

It's a black bear. Still, not to be taken lightly.

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Looks like he was asking for free food. My beagle will climb anything and stick it's head out for food. Did you see how fast the bear climbed up the tree? Wow! Well in my neck of the woods, I am happy Russian boars can not climb.....oh the horror!

9. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Those Russian Boars can sure run! I learned that on my mountain bike when riding trails outside Vogelweh Housing and Kapaun Air Station area.

10. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

That one is a grizzly. Pretty cute, alright.

This one is a grizzly, too:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4K04aHTL-Q[/ame]

Sorry if that offends, but grizzlies are what they are. We've had a lot of hunters mauled or killed by bears over the years, mostly grizzlies. They are most definitely not to be underestimated.

It's funny to see another video of a black bear coming up a tree stand, though. I'd have thought that was real, real rare. Apparently not. I've had owls come over to me, a deer cocking its head, that sort of thing, but never had a bear climb up.

11. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Bears that get that close to me must die unless they are behind some type of enclosure! I WILL NOT BECOME Yogi's DINNER EVER! I cant believe the guy didnt do anything but record it! The Bear and Moose Vid is a reality nobody wants to experience! Humans have become way too comfortable with their love of all things wild big and small. Lions and Tigers and BEARS,, Oh my and hell yes you should be scared! Dont lie down and act dead; lay down suppressive fire and get the hell out of there!!

And yes, I met up with a couple of those piggies on Reforger in 1981, in a soft sided jeep!!! Momma and a couple piglets and she wasnt very happy we were driving around in her neck of the woods. She charged my jeep and rammed the fender in front of the passengers side (The side my Brandy New, Preppy Butterbar Lieutenant was sitting on). Im pretty sure she soiled her panties, I dont blame her, the thing hit us < a foot from her canvas door panel! Just about jumped on my lap, (I didnt mind, she was cute as a bug but dumber than a box of rocks). I decided it was time to leave, my m16 filled with blanks wasnt a match for an angry Momma Pig. I spent a year and a half in Germany and that was the only time I ever saw them, always thought that was odd. All that I saw was lots of midget deer and bunnies on steroids!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  12. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Why did you have blanks in your gun instead of actual ammo?

13. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Well , through out the years , I have been humbled many a time..! Never had to shoot anything but did want to..! Have not gotten eaten yet..! :confused::eek:

14. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

The Germans frowned on us playing war with real bullets unless we were on one of a couple training areas. Reforger plays out across half of the country. Besides, I wouldnt have trusted the Preppy Lt with a loaded m16 in my vehicle, she wasnt safe with a toothbrush!

I did however find out that a blank could fire a cleaning rod like a sabot through 1/8" sheet metal later on in my career. It will toss one a couple hundred feet without a problem. Blanks also lodge snugly in the flash suppressor and they will go 60' if you fire them off with a blank.

We had lots of things we could do with simulators that was both stupid and entertaining. You should see what a TOW Simulator IED does to a raccoon, it aint pretty folks!

15. orangello

orangello New Member

How did I miss this!

I hope I live long enough to see school children studying bears along with the dinosaurs and saber toothed cats.