The Colt 1911 Gold Cup Trophy Model

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Amsdorf, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Unboxing and first look with shooting demonstation of a Colt 1911 Gold Cup Trophy Model 1911. What a joy to use!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im47gWA14FM"]Here's the video[/ame]

From Colt's web site:

The Colt Gold Cup is known as the finest shooting semi-automatic in the world, and is the standard for competitive guns. The first Colt Gold Cup pistol was introduced in the late 1950's to give competitive shooters a gun to take directly from the dealer's showcase to the firing line. Colt Gold Cup pistols have been used to compete in local club matches through the National Matches at Camp Perry. It features an Adjustable Wide Trigger, National Match® Barrel, Adjustable Target Sights, and many other refinements as standard.

Features
    Standard Safety Lock
    Wide Target Trigger
    Lowered and Flared Ejection Port
    National Match® Barrel
    Round Top Slide
    Wrap Around Rubber Stocks with Nickel Medallions
    Fully Adjustable Bomar Style Rear Sight
    Target Post Front Sight

2. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I am so jealous. I had a Gold Cup years ago, but it got stolen. Nice, nice gun.

3. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Great gun, in 1989 I agonized over it or Combat Elite. Went w combat elite and for many years I thought I had been penny wise pound foolish because I ended up adding & paying for those refinements. (Tgt trigger, adj sights, fitted bushing & the list keeps on going). I was shooting IPSC.

My only comfort was seeing Arnold use my gun in Terminator II.

My lesson learned: Unless your a DIY guy - buy it the way you want it right out of the box. ;)

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

those are super nice!! the only reason i never ordered one was because colt used a bomar cut on the slide. thats a real no go for me.

5. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Why is a bomar cut on the slide such a no go for you?

6. Olympus

Olympus New Member

They're nice guns. But I would only own an older National Match in Series 70.

7. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Well, good for you, and ... thanks for sharing.

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Same to ya, pard.