The Cold Steel SPARTAN

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Dillinger, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

If ANYTHING is going to get Benning Boy back around here, THIS WILL!!

So, about four months ago I ordered up a Cold Steel Spartan because it's just a damn cool name and Cold Steel makes some really great knives, but their hands always have been a problem. This new one had promise, and I was most interested, so I got on the waiting list...

And I waited....

And I waited....

And I WAITED.... :mad:

Finally it showed up on the doorstep and I whipped the package open, only to behold what is NOT a pocket knife, but a small sword in disguise.

Sweet Jesus this thing is big.... Take a look at these pictures.....

Attached Files:

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Here's a few more pictures to give you an idea of how big this bastard is....

Attached Files:

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So, the handle is finally one that I can approve of, but it's too damn big to fit in my pocket.... LOL

I was thinking about sending it back, but the blade is so damn big, and sharp ( shaves hair like a razor right out of the box ) and I know for a FACT it will cleave flesh from bone, so I am keeping it. :D

This monster is going in my Storm Bag for when I am out in the cold, dark and blackness searching for whatever Mother Nature has done to the delicate infrastructure that is our power grid....

If you need a portable sword - I can DEFINITELY recommend the Cold Steel Spartan. It's a HELL of a knife. The blade is 4mm thick at the spine and the edge is sharp enough to shave hair and sever tendons deep beneath fat and muscle.

But, for a pocket knife, like in daily life..... not so much....

JD

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Cool HUGE knife!! :)

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

That's a nice knife, I will have to go up on the web and check out the specs on it. Now, more importantly, what are you gonna do with that $10 bill? :)

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Use it to buy 8 rounds of .45ACP to add to my stock pile. ;)

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

*bump* So Benning will see this...

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have always been fond of Cold Steel. I have a Bushman that I carried in Africa. Comforting to have a tough, sharp knife with versatility for less than $20.

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Okay, rub it in.

He didn't tell you guys that I had planned on this one long ago, and he feigned a passing interest, like "Oh, I guess that's kinda cool. Give a review when you get it."

He also left out that he personally knows Lynn Thompson, so he got a custom Spartan, I'm sure the real ones look nothing like that.

Anybody else would have used a $1 bill for scale, but that's the smallest he had, because he uses $1 bills for toilet paper. $5 bills are to light the Cuban he brought back from the Caymans.

And another thing, I..I..I need one of those.:(

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Cut any tubes, marine rope, sides of beef yet?:confused:

11. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Watched the demolition test on their website. All I have to say is that is one bada$$ knifesword. Definitely a good item for camping. I bet you could split firewood with it.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! *tears, oh the pain in the stomach* LOL

Most of that is complete Benning fabrication. Although he did first mention the knife to me as I had not seen it.

I did however check with him before I made a purchase and he was going to get the Steven Seagal Kershaw instead..... so I copped to wanting one.... :D

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Benning fabrication?!?

Did you not meet the big man in the Steve Irwin shorts at the SHOT show?

Were there secret discussions about upcoming products?

I'll put it out there. J.D. was always Mom's favorite. My best was never good enough. And everything I coveted, he wrested from my poor, frail hands.

Even the Spartan.:mad:

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Hell I was almost feeling sorry there for ya there for a minute BB until you showed up with Chuck, my nemesis! Helloooo Chuck.... :rolleyes:

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LMAO - Okay, that is true.

I have met the man twice at SHOT. We NEVER discussed future products though - so let's keep the facts straight. I don't KNOW the man, I have talked to him before. I am sure I could walk up to him today and he would have NO recognition on his face that we had ever met before....

And as for Mom, well, we never really saw eye to eye anyways, so that's a pretty leading statement.

But, I will always love and support my brother Benning.... (while stealing his ideas for my own) :D