The Cigar Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by gregs887, Jun 1, 2009.

1. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Anyone else here into cigars? I don't smoke often, but I do enjoy burning one occasionally. Just fished off a nice Arturo Fuente. What do y'all smoke?

2. Seal

Seal New Member

I usually go with some variety of Cao when I pick up a cigar. I'm not much of a cigar smoker either though, but I do enjoy some American Spirits.

3. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

Not into cigars anymore, but I do smoke a pipe every night. Pipe tobacco is so much more affordable, and enjoyable!

4. suprdave

suprdave New Member

CAO Earth Nectar. My favorite.

If you ever go out of the country, get yourself a Montecristo. Cubans really are the best.

5. Kishido

Kishido New Member

I used to smoke cigars and pipe but quit smoking altogether about eight years ago. You guys that can smoke a cigar here and there or maybe a bowl of tobacco now and then amaze me. For me, if a little is good a whole lot is way better, so for the sake of my health I just stay away from it.

sure do miss the pipe sometimes though:eek:

6. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

My favorites: La Flor de Cano Petit Coronas - Puroexpress Cuban Cigars

You've got to be quick to order them, because they sell out as soon as they come back in stock. They're inexpensive as hell, especially considering that they're Cubanos, but they carry delicious vanilla and floral notes with a slight leather overtone.

They're a little on the mild side though, so if you're looking for a hearty smoke they might not be for you. At less than $2.75 per stick, what do you have to lose?

7. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

:I really like the ones from the Drew estate, 1500cc, kuba-kuba, and tea infusion.

Rocky Patel is high on my favorites with the 1992 Vintage, Fusion, and Edge maduro

I do enjoy a Cao every once and a while, Had a Greycliff "shaggyfoot" not too long ago and it was slammin':)

8. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

Rocky Patel's are my absolute favorite!

Victor St Claire is a close second

Followed by Vega 5

...and when I'm in a pinch, I'll settle for a Cuesta Rey.

9. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

I had a Legends Purple Label... which is Cigar International's Greycliff "seconds". It was decent, but it wasn't a Rocky.

...nor was it a "finger-burner"....

A friend of mine gave me his band last night and told me I should match it up off of CigarBid... he was smoking a CAO "Criollo"... can't wait to try it.

10. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

I have had a few Cigars.com blue lables that are great! cheaper too!

Have you tried the Nub's cigars, they are very good!

11. WDB

WDB New Member

I like cigars and buy often from cigars international, there prices and quality is great. I just got Cezar Bronner 1956 (actually hand rolled in 1990). Favorite is Cohiba but they are hard to get due to where they come from.

12. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

I think the Cohiba brand is over rated (IMOHO) They are good, but not worth the money they are asking.

13. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I don't smoke but do puff one of these on occasion. I always get the urge when I'm in the caribbean. I well, someone I know got some of these home last year :eek:
    [​IMG]

14. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Now those are worth the money! They dont taste like a regular Cohiba:D

15. WDB

WDB New Member

I only have three of those left and unable to locate any at this time so they are "special". Lucky you for having a box.:D

16. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

17. WDB

WDB New Member

TY Matt I ordered Cohiba Siglo II, I would be truly happy if they show up these are the best. The price was a bit steep $187 for 25, $7.50 per cigar all the same worth the $. Again thank you Matt!

18. WDB

WDB New Member

I picked these up as well, seems like they will be shipped from Spain. Tell me Brother theese are not knock offs!

19. WDB

WDB New Member

A reasonable response, so what is your choice cigar?: Fair to shoot down my favorite but you should express your favorite

20. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

I've never ordered from cigar.com but I've smoked a lot off of cigarbid.com (same company?)

I've got a couple Gurkha's in my humidor that I'll probably smoke in the next couple of weeks... decent cigars, but not my favorite. Don't have anymore Rocky's, but I've got a couple more Victor Sinclair's (I misspelled that in my last post...)