The Book of Eli.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by doctherock, Jun 18, 2010.

1. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I highly recommend this movie. Denzel Washington is a great actor and it shows once again in this movie. Good fight scenes and overall a good plot.

2. opaww

opaww New Member

Seen it...a good movie

3. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

My wife and I watched it in HD the other night, and it was awesome. I was highly impressed, not your usual end of the world drama.

4. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

It just so happened that when it came out in theaters I was playing through Fallout 3. So I can't help but think about Fallout when talking or watching this movie. lol

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Glad I saw that one on the big screen. I knew it was going to be good, and it was better then I expected.

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Im gonna have to rent the movie "The Road" now. Has Vigo Mortenson in it. They did a bit of filming a mile from my house.

7. Flintlock

Flintlock New Member

That was an interesting movie. It was very dark, gloomy, and disturbing. However, I think it was supposed to be like that and I think that as far as a apocalyptic-type movies are concerned, it was probably more realistic than any other I have seen.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I rented "The Book of Eli' last night. I enjoyed it too.

9. ChuckD

ChuckD New Member

The Road was pretty hardcore. I read the book before and was supprised by how closely the movie followed the book. I'll have to check out the book of Eli.

10. jbd

jbd New Member

I watched the book of eli last night thought it was very good. I will watch again.

11. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Eli was a great movie. Loved the twist at the end.

12. user4

user4 New Member

Watch The Road and Book of Eli together. Makes for a great night of entertainment. I got $10 says you buy more ammo afterward ;)

13. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Watching them both tonight! :cool:

Jack

14. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

And when you finish them both, read Lucifers Hammer. If that does not get you to buy more ammo, nothing will.

15. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I watched "The Road" the day it hit the streets at the local Redbox and purchased Book of Eli the other day. Both excellent movies, my wife watched a segment of "the Road", it scared her out! The Book of Eli might do the same!

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Just watched The Book of Eli and it was EXCELLENT! Loved the action scenes and the story was epic. Definitely a MUST OWN.

Going to get to The Road que'd up On Demand this weekend as well.

JD

17. doctherock

doctherock New Member

JD did you ever watch The Road? Was it worth it?

18. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Book of Eli was one of the best movies I've sen in a while. I was glad to see that a decent movie could still come out of Hollywierd.

19. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

The book of Eli was great one of if not the best piece of acting Denzel Washington ever did.

20. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Just watched the Book of Eli with the woman the other night. It was excellent, loved the story, some of Denzel's best stuff. I saw the Road when it came out, very good as well.

I really enjoy movies that have more realism in them. Too often CGI, overdone sequences and absurd stunts ruin what could be a good movie and story.