The best scope rings?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by basscat89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

I have a .300 win mag, a redfield revenge 4-12x42 and a picatinny scope base. In your oppinion which rings would best mount the scope solid enough to withstand a high amount of recoil?

2. paperplatetargets

paperplatetargets New Member

I think everyone will have there favorites. I'm a Weaver person, I like there Picatinny Rings. If you have a Weaver base, I like the Tactical version. Same rings, different cross-bolt size.

Attached Files:

3. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

These are exactly what I was looking at, I' just never used anything weaver, and don't know anything about them. But I think I might give them a shot

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Weaver leupold nightforce adm amongst others

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

If it is a hunting rifle and you do not like the bulky look of tactical rings. Then I would suggest Leupold.

6. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

I usually use leupold rings, but this being a picatinny rail I need some good solid rings for the recoil. And with this gun I really need the tactical rail because it's basically my long range gun, and I have a rangefinder mount that slides under the scope to the rail to mount

7. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I prefer Weaver.
    ct

8. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I really like the quick release version of those ... :D

9. paperplatetargets

paperplatetargets New Member

Those are nice, you should post a picture :D

10. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

The only rings that I will use anymore are Burris Signature Zee rings,IMO,they are the best scope rings made.

11. hoovco

hoovco New Member

I've got Leupold rings on my 700. I've also got a LaRue and Armalite mount and Badger rings I've used. Haven't had a problem with any of em. They're all really nice.

12. antikythera

antikythera New Member

weaver and warne rings and bases are pretty good.