Firearms Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a .300 win mag, a redfield revenge 4-12x42 and a picatinny scope base. In your oppinion which rings would best mount the scope solid enough to withstand a high amount of recoil?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think everyone will have there favorites. I'm a Weaver person, I like there Picatinny Rings. If you have a Weaver base, I like the Tactical version. Same rings, different cross-bolt size.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
paperplatetargets said:
I think everyone will have there favorites. I'm a Weaver person, I like there Picatinny Rings. If you have a Weaver base, I like the Tactical version. Same rings, different cross-bolt size.
These are exactly what I was looking at, I' just never used anything weaver, and don't know anything about them. But I think I might give them a shot

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Weaver leupold nightforce adm amongst others

·
Supporting Member
12,620 Posts
If it is a hunting rifle and you do not like the bulky look of tactical rings. Then I would suggest Leupold.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sniper03 said:
If it is a hunting rifle and you do not like the bulky look of tactical rings. Then I would suggest Leupold.

I usually use leupold rings, but this being a picatinny rail I need some good solid rings for the recoil. And with this gun I really need the tactical rail because it's basically my long range gun, and I have a rangefinder mount that slides under the scope to the rail to mount

·
Registered
520 Posts
I really like the quick release version of those ... :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've got Leupold rings on my 700. I've also got a LaRue and Armalite mount and Badger rings I've used. Haven't had a problem with any of em. They're all really nice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
weaver and warne rings and bases are pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts