the best iwb holster for the glock23

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by NickRobb33, Aug 12, 2012.

1. NickRobb33

NickRobb33 New Member

I just purchased new glock 23 4th gen. And I was just wanting to know what's the best iwb holster for comfort as well as quality? And if it matters about the body size of the person that is carring the firearm? If so im about 6ft 2 227lbs. Thanks

2. milhouse68

milhouse68 New Member

I have been using the crossbreed supertuck for about a year with my gen 4 Glock 23. It is the best IWB that I own. I don't even know its there. There are alot of similar ones out there that are a little bit cheaper.

3. NickRobb33

NickRobb33 New Member

Thanks mill for your reply. 1 more question is it comfortable while sitting and driving?

4. milhouse68

milhouse68 New Member

I carry it all the time. I found out that the 5 o'clock position is the best for me. I drive with it and I have fallen asleep on the couch with it on and when I got up realized that I had it on. Better yet my back wasn't sore.

5. NickRobb33

NickRobb33 New Member

Wow!!! Thanks so much Mill.

6. milhouse68

milhouse68 New Member

No prob. Good luck on your search.

7. NickRobb33

NickRobb33 New Member

I have been looking at the Galco Kingtuk. Do I know anything about those?

8. milhouse68

milhouse68 New Member

They are very good IWB holsters. My friend has one and tho he doesn't CC very often he swears by it. I never can tell if he is carrying. They are basically the same but different companies.

image-1565663128.jpg

image-930629615.jpg

I attached a picture of mine. A little worn but oh so comfortable.

9. NickRobb33

NickRobb33 New Member

I meant do YOU know anything about those holsters?

10. NickRobb33

NickRobb33 New Member

Oh okay I really like yours. But when you say your friend doesn't cc what does that mean?

11. NickRobb33

NickRobb33 New Member

Does that mean concealed carry?

12. milhouse68

milhouse68 New Member

Yes. The king tuk is very good. There are a number of companies that have basically the same setup. I will tell u that I have about 10 different holsters that I tried before I found mine.

13. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

I was looking for an IWB carry option after I found my crossbreed snapslide let my p229 print too much in summer cloths. I love my snapslide and thought seriously about getting a supertuck but with the cost and the wait time for one I decided to go with a remora clip-less holster. Cost me $35 and I had it in less than a week. Im totally happy with it. Stays in place well even wearing gym shorts with the string pulled tight. I went with the non reenforced top option so if you do draw the holster closes and you will have to use 2 hands to reholster (no big deal for me), but they (remora) said it was more comfortable to wear. It conceals so well my wife can't tell I'm carrying unless she touches it. I can drive with it on no problem and it is comfortable siting around on the couch. I'm about the same build as you (6'1" 220lbs) and it works great for me.

14. NickRobb33

NickRobb33 New Member

I really love the sound of that Nch because I wear a lot of gym shorts man. Thanks

15. milhouse68

milhouse68 New Member

Yes it does.

16. rfwolcott75

rfwolcott75 New Member

I have a Glock 23 -Gen 3. I use a Galco KingTuc holster, it's kinda like a Cross Breed holster. Works great. Only cost me $60.

17. danolator

danolator New Member

Crossbreed Supertuck. Hands down the best.