the best heavy barreled .22 on the market you decide

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by xSTRIKERx, Feb 11, 2012.

1. xSTRIKERx

xSTRIKERx New Member

Im leaning towards a the savage mark 2 models TR ETC.

2. cbibb

cbibb New Member

I second the vote for the Anschutz and want to put a vote also for Remington 40x

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Anschutz is the standard by which .22 rifles are judged.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Anschutz are some of the best 22 rifles bar none. a lot of the biathalon skiers use them in competition. very well made, accurate and expensive!

5. cbibb

cbibb New Member

Biathlon athletes use Fortner action it is a strait pull very cool pull open slap shut and fire the only manufactured rifle close to this is the Browning t bolt also a cool rifle that wood be a cool rifle for rimfire sporter competition. well I kind of got off topic sorry I shoot three position and 75 to 85 percent of the rifles are Anschutz and the rest wish there's were I know I shoot a 40x very good rifle but still want a 2013 action Anschutz rifle but thats about 3000.00 plus

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

What about the Volquartsen?

7. mtbfarms

mtbfarms New Member

Cz 453 is my favorite 22

8. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Why would the 10/22 be humiliated by an Anschutz? $850 bolt gun VS a $250 semi-Auto........

9. xSTRIKERx

xSTRIKERx New Member

I had a 10/22 with a spiraled bull,im just not a fan of rotary mags I bought 3 of them and kept giving me issues its had to beat a good bolt action.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'd say you summed it up quite well clr8ter.

Now if you really wanted to humiliate the Ruger further,

[​IMG]

The Anschutz 1912 Sport

[​IMG]

The Anschutz 1907

[​IMG]

The Anschutz 1827F biathlon

The OP did ask for the best heavy barrel.

I have nothing against the Ruger 10/22, it's a fine rifle. It's just no Anschutz.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  11. TLuker

TLuker New Member

At over half the price of the Anschutz, the Savage is hard to beat.

12. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

canebrake, those guns are like the nascars of the gun world, not much "regular gun" left. Like nascar, I think competitions should be done with something a person of average means could acquire, with a FEW tweaks.

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Did I miss something?

You did ask for the best......right?

And your NASCAR analogy is a tad off, they are more like Formula 1 cars!

14. Fisherking

Fisherking New Member

I got to post for Savage Best Bang for the buck, and made here in Canada in the old Ingless Broad Arrow Plant in Peteboro.

F.K.

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe he should have said best affordable heavy barrel 22lr.

16. Axxe55

what's a "regular gun"? what is a person of average means? they range from around $2700-4000 for one of the competition models. not cheap, but definately attainable if someone wanted one. so maybe just because someone can afford more expensive and higher quality equipment, they shouldn't be allowed to enter a shooting competition?

17. xSTRIKERx

xSTRIKERx New Member

Yeah im thinking keep it under 900$ so someone can throw CZ in the category but sorry I didn't specify before

18. Axxe55

quality firearms cost money, that's just a fact of life. my dad has a Browning SA-22 he bought back around 1969 or 1970, today that same rifle costs about $1500 NIB, and used ones aren't much cheaper. some people think that $500 plus for a rimfire 22 is a lot of money, and it is. i personally have an older Marlin Glenfield M60, that works just fine for me. one of these days i will end up with my dad's Browning.

19. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

CZ Varmint Evolution MSRP $522. Varmint Precision Trainer $899.
    Savage Mark II BSEV MSRP $562. BRJ MSRP $472. The FVT has the sights you want but the stock has too much drop. You could replace the stock for about $100 from Boyds.