The best gunshop in florida

Discussion in 'Florida Gun Forum' started by crgm101, Jun 8, 2012.

1. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

WEll that states it all on vaca next week and wanted to get some good deals. Going to be in central Florida but will be willing to go anywhere in the state.

2. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

Well just took my first trip to gander mountain like it way better than bass pro. 9mm 15 bucks for a 100 rounds best price yet

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Santa Rosa county has a gun show coming up this weekend.

A dealer that seems prominent (he gets the center tables) is "Jay's". He has shops in a couple of counties.
    (And a range where you can rent Class 3)

4. DavidB

DavidB New Member

Try Florida gun exchange in Daytona. They have a great selection and good prices. Yesterday was the last day of the grand re-opening, so the crowd shouldn't be so bad. Also go to spikes tactical in apopka, they are less than a mile from shoot straight, both worth a trip

5. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

Just went to the Ocala national forest gun range nice place. Great people out there wish I lived closer.

6. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

check out jays but i have never been impressed just insulted by lack of service or trying to sell my junk at inflated prices

7. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

Went to lake county arms in mount Dora florida worth a visit best prices I've seen yet and the owner knows what he's talking about.

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Galati Guns in New Port Richey,

Just south of Trouble Creek Road on Highway # 19S.

They treat you with respect, and respect the fact that

we were all noobs, at one time, or another.

A great selection of CC- EDCs to choose from.

Ladies welcome, a fine selection of pistols,

tailored to your needs and budget.

Everything from Targets to Tannerite.

CWP classes at the store.

Are they the best? I can't say.

But they will make you feel like you are...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  9. redscho

redscho New Member

Check out Pickets Weaponry in Newberry, FL. Huge inventory of both long guns and hand guns.

10. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

If its Central Florida you'll be in you might want to try out Oak Ridge Gun Shop.

11. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

Well I've visited probably 30 gun shops so far most of them not to good but I have a awesome list for my next vaca. Thanks everyone

12. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

next time if your in nw fl check out tradewinds pawn and gun in gulfbreeze .wellover 100 used guns before you get to the good stuff behind the counter. just dont be in a hurry

13. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

This is where I do all of my shopping. The owner treats you right!

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Also, try Kim Andrews, on 301S, across from the flea market in

Waldo. An amazing collection of stuff, especially ammo,

and surplus bayonets.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  15. gym

gym New Member

There are many good ones, unless you account for prices. Many of them are very high, you can get what you want, but you will pay top dollar for it. So if you mean fairlly priced gun shops, I really can't think of any off hand. Buds prices usually beat them by 20% plus. And if you mention "internet" you will have an argument on your hands, as most just want you to believe that anything on the net is a scam of somekind.I spent 3 days shopping for a pocket pistol, Having 4 in mind. The difference in price from store to store was rediculous, One would have a lc9 for 500- on sale,and a nano for 500, It became more of a 3 day game at some point, and n one knew a thing about what they were talking about. They don't pay well enough to get experienced gun people to work in these stores, so it's the kid from the burger joint now selling me a pistol. By the way, any news on THR?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  16. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I 2nd Pickets, I was impressed by the amount of guns and gun stuff in that place. The person who waited on me was a peckerhead, but the store was great.

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah this, but bear in mind, anything you buy on the internet will

also cost you about 75$ more in shipping, insurance, FFL fee,etc.

Add 75 to 120 dollars for fees to those internet guns, and it usually

takes quite a bit of shine off the deal...;)

18. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

That really depends on what you are buying.

With an FFL-03 I only have to add $20.00 for shipping and can save that or more by not paying sales tax. Since I hardly buy modern guns any more the internet works out very good for me. Besides that, the variety available on sites like GB are better than you can find in any 100 guns stores, together.

I also like the thrill of waiting for UPS to bring my new toys. If my UPS driver would wear one of those funky red caps with the white bob on the end, it would seem like Christmas every month for an old man.

19. ECV

ECV New Member

Seems most I have visited want to sell at full retail and act like they are doing YOU a favor by selling it to you.

20. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

If it is a Pawn Shop, then you can talk them down if you know what you are doing. If it is a retail store, then that is what you get. No one can help dealing with Azzhole business people.