The best 1911 parts available.

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by mudslinger79, Mar 5, 2011.

1. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

As the title states im in the market for some 1911 parts. Particularly springs, pins, grip safety, thumb safety. I've been looking at John Masen, Wilson combat, Ed Brown. The gun has a Wilson trigger and hammer. Im thinking about just sticking with that company. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Im not having any problems with the gun, I just picked it up used and don't know the condition of all of the parts.

2. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Who makes the best 1911 parts

Just like the title says. Willson, Ed Brown, Evolution Gun Works, John Masen.... So many parts dealers.... My 1911 is not showing any problems at the moment. I purchased it used and don't know how old the springs and pins are. Is there a replacement schedule? It does currently house a Wilson trigger and hammer. Might just stick with them. Any advice will be appreciated.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I see you got a Taurus. I got one second hand myself. If you would like to follow along, I am currently tuning the weapon to what I consider to be 100% reliable based on my very limited experience and the experiences' of some close to me who do have extensive trigger time.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/huh-dillinger-taurus-38656/

JD

4. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Subscribed to the thread and looking to see where it goes.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Mudslinger, There is a general consensus here of solid parts.

If you follow Cane's advice, you will never have a problem.

6. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

not to show favoritism, but.....

e.g.w. doesn't have anything that isn't top notch!

7. parinoid54

parinoid54 New Member

I just got Cylinder and Slide's new catalog in the mail (finally!). You may wish to look over what they offer also. They tell me that they use no MIM parts in anything critical (?) - whatever that means.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  8. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Just ordered a stainless steel pin set from E.G.W. Going to be ordering parts every few weeks.

9. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

With a limited budget. What would be some of the first things I should order. The stainless pin set is on the way. I was thinking the higher mag realease next. Any opinions?

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Only if you have the clearance. If you do get it, take a look at the hex head Mag Catch Lock. Its different and kool!

Mag Catch Lock - $1.50 : Evolution Gun Works , World Class Precision Parts

11. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

When I put the mag in there's a little bit of slop up and down. Very little but enough to wear you can see a difference when u move the mag. When its moved up the bullet sits alot more straight to the feed ramp/throat of the barrel. From reading the description of the mag catch it gets rid if the slop.

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

If you have HP FTF issues this part will help eliminate the problem.

I swear by the products EGW makes. They don't make items just to sell, they make items that just work!

13. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Just sent in the order for the higher mag catch!! E.G.W is awsome!!!! Thanks for the info Cane!