the benefits of working OT

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by jjfuller1, Dec 9, 2011.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i just couldnt leave it on the shelf any longer.. now it sits in my shelf!

Attached Files:

2. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

Tis the Season

Is it starting to feel a lot like Christmas? :)

Nice.

I'm also planning to add to the collection tomorrow.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I like working overtime, too.

Let me say (again) I wish when people posted pictures of guns they would say what kind of gun they are. I am not one of those who can look at a gun and know what it is. I'm trying to learn and to put a 'name' on a gun helps me a lot. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  4. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

It looks like a Marlin 60 from here. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun to shoot that's for sure ;).

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

opps. new i forgot something. hehe.

marlin model 60, .22 cal semi auto with synthetic stock, instead of a magazine it has the tube you see under the barrel. it holds 14.
    $194

i also ordered a nikon prostaff 3x9x40 last night should be here next week sometime. $149

after i put a few hundred rounds through it to see if it has enough accuracy i may change the stock to a boyds thumbhole stock. but not sure about that yet.

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

update

got my scope in the mail today. woot woot. now if i can only find firing time

Attached Files:

7. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

That's a nice looking set up ;).

8. marlin-owner

marlin-owner New Member

congrats on your brand new marlin!!! it looks identical to a 795 without the mag. i got my 795 last year and its still goin good after aprox 4k rounds down range! i got extremely lucky though. brand new for 95.00 hehe on sale and manufature rebate :))). you should check marlinarms.com and see if there is any sort of rebate.

9. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Clean it, lightly oil the guts, and use CCI or Blazer for the first 1000 rounds :)

Clean every action 200 rds or so...treat it like an AR15. A clean Marlin is a happy Marlin :)

Boyd's Riflestocks has some killer laminate stocks as well...
    DIP has trigger/guard upgrades & more...

And I've got links to TONS of stuff, just ask for what you want/need :)

10. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

cool. i actually made a post a couple days ago about boyds stocks but no one answered. lol. i was thinking the rvt thumbhole camo or nutmeg. should i try to do any sort of barrel break in ?

11. Jon12312

Jon12312 New Member

I could use some links for some parts, mags, and cool stocks for the m1 carbine!