Firearms Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Premium Member
Yep, the Anaconda is back.

Couldn't believe how much my original snake guns brought at the auction.

Premium Member
Not at that price point. I like snakes, but not that much.

Supporting Member
Gator
Nice Revolver. And I understand the precision it takes to build one after reading a recent article on the New Python !
And yes I would like to have one but for the price.
No Thanks!
That is borderline ridiculous! $3,999.99

Reactions: OLD Ron

Registered
Never was impressed with any of the Snake guns that I owned in the 80's-90's, I doubt the new ones would be any different, and would bet the overall quality of the new gun's doesn't even come close to the originals.

Premium Member
If it actually belonged to David Rasche and he used it in filming, I might pay half that. Otherwise, meh. Just doesn't do it for me.
Get the concept, and do kind of agree, especially with the correct ivory grip on it, but wrong model.

And make.

That was a 6 inch S&W 629.

Assuming you are thinking of his Sledge Hammer role, of course.

Looked him up on IMFDB, looks like he's never used a Colt in any of his roles, except for one, in a movie, which was a 1911A1.

Now, the one used, on film by Hugh Keyes Byrne in Mad Max Fury Road, as The Immortan Joe, then you'd have the right make and model, as he used a nickle Peacemaker, 7.5 inch, and a 6 inch nickle Anaconda, in that film. Although, being Aussie, since before the 1996 law changes, there is also a chance he may have owned one, at some point, or still could, if he's into shooting sports, and part of a club.

As to who has used one on film, and in one case, on the small screen, I would't pass us the one used in the current version f The Stand, but that's just the Stephen King fan in me talking.

Colt Anaconda - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

As to what DR used:

David Rasche - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

Premium Member
Four thousand bucks is what I would pay for Jack Ruby's pistol, or Hitler's Walther.... The revolver in question, simply would not interest me even at $1,000.00. I have some damn fine revolvers, (to me) but I didn't pay a grand for any of them. Of course, I feel the same way about such firearms as "limited production" or "one of a kind" or "highly engraved" that I see going for astronomical prices that only the very wealthy can afford. I really don't care a lot for firearms that are too valuable to handle, much less shoot. I feel the same about high-end watches, or luxury cars. I could have either if I really wanted them, but, in my life I have learned to not long for status items. Growing up dirt poor may have something to do with that.

It is sort of funny to me that my younger brother is the opposite. He will only buy the most collectible pieces and doesn't really give a damn about shooting. Where I would buy a shooter Garand, he buys a pristine sniper version, handles it with gloves and keeps it behind glass.... He does have more disposable income than I do, but I don't really think that that is the issue.

Reactions: Sniper03

Registered
Never was impressed with any of the Snake guns that I owned in the 80's-90's, I doubt the new ones would be any different, and would bet the overall quality of the new gun's doesn't even come close to the originals.
Colt and me parted ways permanently when the forcing cone on a Trooper cracked and "we can't get that length barrel any longer". I put a different length barrel on it, sold it, and have been happy not owning anything Colt ever since. Things do happen and sometimes I don't happen any longer........

Registered
I got my 2020 4.25" Python discounted under retail. I won't say where because vultures will swoop in and drive up the price like they did to ammo. By he way, the functioning is perfect, timing GREAT, looks up tight as a drum, looks fantastic, accurate, and the DA pull is very smooth and short with no stacking. Only downside, the SA pull is heavy and the hammer actually moves rearward slightly before it releases, kinda like a shortened DA pull. I have never seen that before on any revolver. Some smith is going to make a lot of money if he finds a way to smooth that out and drop the pull to 3 pounds.

Registered
, and would bet the overall quality of the new gun's doesn't even come close to the originals.
And this is based on what rational analysis exactly?

I am not a collector of Colt Revolvers, do not have a dog in the hunt so to speak.
but I cannot believe the hostility to this storied company.

I do own one Colt ( a model 66 ) and its beautiful for the money but my firearms focus is elsewhere.

but this would not lead me to denigrate thier product especially thier efforts to rekindle thier classic craftmanship lines.
And yes the Python for example had a hiccup but this was quckly fixed and any reviewers since have done nothing but rave about the workmansship of thier new snakegun revolver line

1 - 19 of 19 Posts