The alaskan copilot : ultimate big-bore lever ?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Tailypoe, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Tailypoe

Tailypoe New Member

:eek: Doing some research on synthetic stocks, I stumbled across a custom gun outfit in alaska that makes a modified 1985 marlin guide gun, and I have to say, it floored me. :p

6.5 pounds, or more.

it can fire .457 ww magnum or regular 45-70 loads,
    ( and .410 shot. ) and It's a take down, ( detachable barrel / mag ) and ...
    Wow, just read the list :

Barrel cut and crowned 16.5, 18.5 or 20 inches
    Takedown rifle conversion
    WWG Recoil Control Porting System
    Wood Stock Cut to Your Length of Pull
    Pachmayr Decelerator pad
    Action tuned for reliability
    WWG Bear Proof Ejector installed
    WWG Trigger Happy Kit installed and set at approx. 3lbs
    Safety Vented Magazine Tube
    WWG Original Ghost Ring Sight with Threaded aperture
    Williams Fire Sight in red or green with skeletonized hood
    Mil-Spec Parkerized finish
    Soft, padded carrying case
    Test Fired

all major internal parts are stainless finished, and it comes parkerized with pretty-much every finish known to man available.

I don't really see the utility in the takedown, for me but all the precision work and the custom options makes me drool.
    I'm hoping they can take my marlin 1895 sbl and put in a synthetic stock with a pachymar buttpad. ...
    But If I had the money, I'd de-finitely get the co-pilot, chromed with synthetic stock and some other cool doodads, as it is i can't go over 3000 $

:cool::eek:

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

got a link?? some of that sounds good!!

3. Tailypoe

Tailypoe New Member

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Holy sheep shietzen batman, that's cool!!

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

thanks!!

and where the hell were you with this 2 months ago befor i bought my 1895 marlin gbl!! damnit those things are freekin sweet!!!

i know where my 1895 is gonna be sent for xmas!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  6. Tailypoe

Tailypoe New Member

Mbg nbvm

for me i'll probably just get them to install a plastic stock on an 1895 sbl and tune it a bit.

... MAYBE IF I MAKE ROUGHNCK WAGES and sav:ce then i can get a copilot with a six rounf mag

sry, medicatede right noe. sleeping pills.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

My Guide Gun is plenty of gun. Having a corrosion resistant finish would be nice, but not if it cost that much. I see no need to make it a take down, it is plenty compact as is. The big loop would be nice, but WWG wants WAY TOO MUCH $ for their product IMHO.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

It's cool and all but I can't see spending that kind of money on what they're selling.

9. Tailypoe

Tailypoe New Member

" You can't ever pay enough for peace of mind " :D

I'm wondering about the " bear proof " extractor, tho. Do marlins ever have extracting problems with factory loads ? I should think not.

I'm getting the 7-shot marlin 1895 sbl, and I'm getting a light plastic stock installed. The 1895sbl already comes stainless treated, and I'm not sure about the parkerization. .... fugly and greasy.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm for anything bear-proofed except poison containers.
    Maybe this is to keep bears from using it against you?

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

The timing on this is uncanny. I just got a lead on a paid internship in Alaska. Tagging waterfowl. One of the requirements is "must be familiar with firearms". Seems this outfit issues "bear protection". I want a bear skin coat so bad.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Did you see that episode of dirty jobs in which they tagged geese or something in Alaska? I wouldn't take good shoes. :p

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dirty_Jobs_episodes

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  13. trip286

trip286 New Member

The job is over the summer, so I've got time and I'm thinking about getting my mom to outfit me with a new pair of deer hide moccasins. Took me 5 years to wear out the last pair. I'm thinking of asking her if she can do a double layer with the fur in between.