The ak vs mp5

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by R3c0n5n1p3r, Feb 20, 2012.

1. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

My friend and I have had this argument for the last 3 weeks about which gun is better and in all fields what would u go 2 war with if u had 2 chose between the ak47 and the mp5 I'm a die hard ak fan he is in love with the mp5 I tried 2 tell him the ak is way better but he thinks the mp5 stomps the ak I would like some feed back or would like to have a vote mp5 or Ak-47...

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Please don't take this the wrong the wrong way but with a question like that I'm going to assume the both of your firearm experience comes from airsoft, video games, or both.

So...which is it?

Tack

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

What's the better tool? Hammer? Or a Drill?

4. codemanod

codemanod New Member

This is a retarded argument. The mp5 is an entry rifle, the ak47 is a battle rifle it's like asking "what's better shoes, or boots?" What are you going to use it for? Give me an m-4.

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

The MP5 is...um...not a rifle.

Tack

6. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Yeah, this seems like a video game argument. Any "die-hard" MP5 fan is going to make me wonder pretty hard... And same goes for anyone who would try an compare a pistol to a rifle...

7. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

That, and the really cool way he wrote "recon sniper" kind of gave it away. Huh

Tack

8. unclebear

unclebear New Member

just throwing this out there but the 7.62X39 is capable of armor penetration the 9x19 does not do so well it that area, also the ak is effective against targets out 300 meters as where people have hit targets with a 9x19 it's really not meant for that. The AK will work on pretty much any part of the earth no matter what material you get into it (with exceptions) the MP5 does not have that type of service record. This is one thing that annoys me about video games (the list is pretty long) but they don't focus on realism, if you want to play a game that actually makes you think that's not COD try ArmA it will kick your ass.

9. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Ha! It took me a minute but I see it now. That's fancy..

Wow, I really hate video games AND airsoft. Everyone thinks they can carry a small armory through a battlefield switching between an M4, an MP5 and an M240 with ease.
    Oooooh! And Where does a Desert Eagle match up here?

10. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I play video games and shoot airsoft but unlike the OP I get very agitated and can point out the unrealism in video games comparitively to real life. People always tell me "You only think you know about guns because of video games." and that irittates me because they are "gangsta" and shoot their "gat" sideways.

11. codemanod

codemanod New Member

Really? Out of this whole retarded post this is what you ridicule? Sorry, submachine-gun. Is that better?

12. Werminator

Werminator Member

This all seems true to me... The MP5 is a submachine gun... A glorified pistol... Now, I am a 9mm fan... I believe the bullet is more than capable of most chores for which it is chosen... hat said... If I had to choose... AK all the way... The 7.62x39 round is far more potent... Infact, the 7.62 will arrive at a target with between 3 and 4 times the kinetic force of the 9mm... An advantage the MP5 holds over the AK is the side by side weight and size of the rounds... In other words... You can carry a good deal more 9mm than 7.62... But you can't stretch it out very far and you can't count on it to... well... it's just less capable... The MP5 is a cool looking gun and Hollywood and Playstation (and all other video games) have given it a bit more capability than it actually has... Add to that the fact you can drop your AK in the sand, tap dance on top of it, then pick it up and send 30 rounds of volley fire without the thing hanging up or jamming and you have a rifle you can bet your life on...

13. tjacobson

tjacobson Member

I would put the AK in my collection case, stop playing video games and go to war with an AR "bolt driven" rifle from one of today's top makers. They are becoming so versatile and you can throw them in a mudpit of super glue and they will fire... Not like the M-16's we prior military we're trained on. That's the question you should have asked (maybe you meant to)?
    Which would you go to war with, the AK or today's AR?

14. TM3TenraiSS

TM3TenraiSS New Member

I see a lot of well thought out replies to this question, when a simple *facepalm* will do

15. TM3TenraiSS

TM3TenraiSS New Member

AR hands down, not because I think it's so much better of a weapon but because I've shot both and the AR feels natural the AK fels weird bringing it up to my shoulder

16. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

Well this didn't go as planed. Truth is I do own many ak47 rifles and yes 7.62-39 Russian wood and more. Sure I have played. Video games but from the military perspective not including the AR rifles like the m4 or m16 or m416 I know I would gladly use those for combat. My friend bought a mp5 9mm at a gun show and has tried 2 argue with me on my Ak47, and my sagia 12. I do a lot of shooting with friends and I figured the best chance for the better argument 2 b made was on this app.

Attached Files:

17. codemanod

codemanod New Member

I agree, this is the better debate. I choose m-4.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Take your buddy out and put two target at 50 yards. Both of you shoot it up for 5 minutes. Count holes in targets. Then move it in to 10 yards, then move it out to 100. Your buddy is comparing a big, higher-capacity pistol to a rifle; it is a silly comparison. It is like comparing a Porshe 911 to a GMC pickup.

19. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

Now I know your only knowledge comes from video games. "M416" is a name they came up with in the game battlefield. There is no such thing as the m416 weapon. The M416 is a military trailer though. I think the weapon you are thinking of is the H&K416. Just my input on the question. AK47-300+ YARDS+ or mp5-150 yards at most?? Do us all a favor and stick to your gaming websites.

20. codemanod

codemanod New Member

Do they even make the mp-5 any more? I know most entry teams are using the smaller m-4 style guns such as the Barrett roc-7 with 8" barrel. You just don't see people using pcc or submachine guns any more.