I can't believe it. My phone rang earlier today and it was the gunsmith. The pistol was done and when did I want to pick it up? I took off work an hour early and got there in record time. It was at the shop for about four and a half months. I was mildly excited. The project morphed a bit due to necessity, but I now have a fifty year old Argentine Colt that was rebuilt to my exact specifications. I also put as much money into this project as I could have spent on a nice Kimber or Dan Wesson. To recap; the project started with a rather thrashed 1927 Sistema Colt that was stamped with the Santa Fe, Argentina police department rollmark. I purchased the like new innards of a 1970 seventy series Colt to use for replacement parts. As things progressed, none of those parts were used. The barrel hood also proved to be just a touch too short as well. Here's a list of the changes and parts: Kart Nat'l Match barrel Greider Precision match trigger Ed Brown extended safety Ed Brown slide release Ed Brown mag release Ed Brown memory groove beavertail safety Wilson Combat low profile/non snag three dot sights Wolff Springs Checkered flat mainspring housing Lowered and flared ejection port Trigger job Reblued to matte blue Herretts double diamond cocobolo grips Here's some pics. There's several more pics down below in post #8.