The 1911 shaped hole in my heart...

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by junho806, Sep 14, 2010.

1. junho806

junho806 New Member

I had to part with my first and only RIA 1911 tactical about a year ago to pay of some credit card debt (in college $ seems to just spend itself :D). It had left a hole in my heart that only a 1911 could fill. I've got about $1,100 saved up now. I've been looking at the Springfield Armory 1911 loaded in stainless. Would you guys say $830 shipped+FFL tranfered is fair? Or should I get something else? I don't like the idea of spending all of the $1,100 on a gun I would like to save some for ammo and good magazines.

thanks guys
    :)

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I sent you a PM with an address to a GA site that has lots of guns listed. You may find exactly what you're looking for locally...

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Junho, that is basically what I got mine for. I was gonna have it shipped, so I called a dealer close to here. Turns out, he had one and cut a deal that was roughly equal to the price + transfer. Two weeks later, I saw the exact same package at a gun show for $1000 cash. :eek:

Attached Files:

• 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      61.2 KB
      Views:
  4. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I just sold two new black stainless loaded Springers for $869.00 each and they are real scarce right now. I think your about to make a very good deal.

5. thundrr1

thundrr1 New Member

Save a little more,,,,,, and get a TRP. You won't regret it.

6. simplepeddler

simplepeddler New Member

Cane......

my heart just went pitter patter....

I just bought the loaded bi tone......love it.
    200 rounds this weekend and my first "take down" cleaning.

I would sleep with it if the bride would let me.

7. junho806

junho806 New Member

wow that trp looks nice...
    you guys aren't helping!!!
    now I want all of them...
    :p
    ugh i'll let you guys know what i decide

8. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

If it makes you feel any better Junho, I have had a 1911 sized hole in my heart for the past two years and still haven't filled that void because of college. Graduate school expenses suck. :(

Anyway, as some others have suggested if I were you I would save just a little more and get a TRP instead of just a Loaded. If you are going to go with style, then go all the way. ;)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  9. VR4

VR4 New Member

I agree TM

[​IMG]

OR

TRP

[​IMG]

10. junho806

junho806 New Member

you know what you guys are right...
    Go big or go home right?
    I send an email to Bud's about that used TRP cane
    if it aint too high i'll buy it
    :D

11. junho806

junho806 New Member

hey guys just went with the loaded
    for $769 it was just too hard to pass up
    one day i'll upgrade to the trophy match :p
    as soon as it gets in i'll let the 1911 pron begin

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Very nice choice Junho! Congratulations!! :D

JD

13. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Wise choice young Jedi - you'll be pleased...

14. junho806

junho806 New Member

thanks JD and NGIB
    you guys got any recommendations for good magazines?

15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Can't go wrong with Wilson 47D's and Cane will tell you to use Tripps. I use Chip McCormick Power Mags as my range mags as well...

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congrats. The Loaded is a rock solid pistol and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

As far as mags, go with what has been listed. I use CMC and WC's. I don't have any Tripps.

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wilson 47D's are usually a good choice and won't break the bank as much as a couple of the others. Chip McCormick is supposed to make some good mags, and they are a bit cheaper, but I have been hit and miss with that brand ( I think they are called Shooting Star mags - the ones I tried ).

Recently I got my hands on one of Cane's offerings, a Cobra Mag by Tripps Research, and it is very impressive. I have not shot it yet, and I have been meaning to so I can do a write up, but perhaps this weekend. I can tell you this, for a reliable magazine, this thing is pretty friggin sweet and it dry feeds ammo with no problem at all, even on a short stroke of the slide.

Best advice is find a couple you can borrow and see what the gun likes. If you run into an issue, hit me up by PM and maybe I can find a couple of testers to send your way. ;)

JD

18. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Really good advice here as 1911s run best with what they like. I had a S&W 1911 that was flawless with CMC Shooting Stars (they are cheap as JD says) and it hated Tripp Cobra Mags. I have yet to own one that didn't like 47D's...

19. junho806

junho806 New Member

hmmm...
    I went ahead and ordered me a 47D
    I'll let you know how she likes it
    and JD I will consider your offer
    :)