the 1911,it indeed aperantly isnt perfect

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by REDMIST89, May 22, 2012.

1. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

this most likely will get me **** from the hordes of 1911 fans but i found this on youtube n found it interesting,not trying to troll(i think i used that in right context) or start sh!t :),im a big 1911 fan,just cant afford one haha

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WhOCoQfjw&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WhOCoQfjw&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  2. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Yawn. This BS has been around for YEARS. So far has ZERO traction. If you think it has
    merit, just grind the end of the slide stop pin down so it's flush with the frame. So far I
    haven't seen any manufacturers doing it. Move along---nothing to see here.

3. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Exactly. I have never heard of this being a real issue. I have been shooting my 1911 for more than 30 years and have never seen this happen with myself or any other 1911 shooter.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I would point out the barrel bushing as a design flaw before the takedown pin. If the bushing is too loose you lose accuracy, too tight and sustained fire causes ceasing.
    Personally never had an issue with either.

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Yep, a fatal flaw of the same magnitude that Dateline NBC discovered with GM pickups. At least special effects & pyrotechnics weren't required in this instance
    Has anyone in the real world ever had a problem with this? I assume that anything is possible, I'm just not aware of any real issues.

FWIW, nothing is perfect.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

7. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

I guess since it has such a fatal design flaw i'll have to trade my 1911 in. :rollseyes:
    i've also never heard of anyone encountering this issue in the real world.
    One would think if it were such a flawed design it would have been changed sometime in the last 100 years.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  8. SalvageGuy

SalvageGuy New Member

The point and shoot method is a bit out dated to begin with, have shot extensivly for 35 years and never had an issue, (90% .45 ACP)

9. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I bet that this can't be done under even the best circumstances. 1911s are built pretty tight, unlike a Glock which you can see daylight through.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

1911 = Semper Fi :cool:
    Thats "Always Faithfull" to you that don't 'habla

11. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I don't know crap on the design of a 1911, but what is that pin for? I just love it when people have to throw Glock into a conversation when it is not about a comparison.;)

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

It secures the barrel link that secures the barrel for starters -
    Ditto on the freekin Glocks- a hipunk will come round next :(

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

That "pin" is actually the other end of the slide stop. It goes all the way through the frame and actually engages the barrel link too. Like everyone else here, I've also never heard of this being an issue. And personally, I want more than just two fingers wrapped around the grip myself, on ANY gun. I've tried the point method, and personally, I can't pull a damn trigger with my Birdie. Not without severe loss of accuracy, even with this "superior" method of self defense marksmanship.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

There is also the mater of ergonomics. The Russian pistol has poor ergonomics (grip angle) and requires the finger to be pointed because it does not point naturally. The 1911 grip angle is "ideal" as it allows for a natural point. It does not require the index finger to lay along side of the frame. A lot of the mouse guns with their short grips would be better served with the finger along side the frame and the middle finger on the trigger. This requires a new training regimen. Personally I never buy a gun that does not point naturally. One more thing, your grip should not be so tight that you are able to push out that pin or that pin is dangerously loose.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Another failed attempt to try and diss the 1911, better luck next time....yaaaawn :O

16. earl1412

earl1412 New Member

Don't know how the orginator of the film had been taught to shoot, but evidently nobody explained to him what the finger next to the thumb was called,: The index finger, (also referred to as forefinger, pointer finger, trigger finger, digitus secundus, or digitus II), is the first finger and the second digit of a human hand. Its anatomical names are either index finger or second digit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_finger

Please notice that word 'trigger finger' is in there for a reason. Some people are just plain stupid!
    earl

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Keerect-
    [​IMG]

18. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Yep, that is why I ground my slide stop to be flush with frame.

In my 40+ years, I've never seen such happen.

Stirring a cow patty?