Thanksgiving..travels...plan's.....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Nov 19, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Anybody got any Travel Plans for this up coming Thanksgiving ???...I'm just doing what I do every year Dinner at Mom's house....Bring home some left-overs...No big plans for me...If you are Traveling,be Safe.....

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm just going to my Dad's. Two of my three kids are going to be there, too. My oldest son will be on a cruise. :D

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Myself, wife, son are going to my mom's about 2 hours south of us, near Starkville MS and MSU. We'll be meeting my sister and her family from Louisiana, and my Granny lives next door to mom and step dad. A couple of the step siblings may make their way in from Texas, and then of course the rest of my mom's family in the area will likely be dropping in and out throughout the day. It will be a good day.

4. Jkl-28

Jkl-28 New Member

Traveling to kalifornia to visit my wives family.... Not too excited about that one!

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Staying home, loading ammunition. Cooking turkey breast for Thanksgiving, some stuffing and mashed potatos, wifey is making a cranberry salad, and fresh green beans with coctail onions and almonds. Going to eat and watch a movie or two.

6. freefall

freefall New Member

Having a couple of in-laws over. Sat will be having our Christmas Sausage making party! :)

7. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

No plans. Everyone's going elsewhere, so I'll kick back, make myself a good meal, and enjoy.

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Got the passports in order and we are traveling to the PRK to visit the kids and grandkids. I hate driving to California. 610 miles each way for a couple of days with them.

9. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I'm just doing the normal; everyone comes to my house including my brother, uncle, parents, possibly my great aunt and uncle, grandmother, and my aunt. We'll be frying turkeys, having laughs, and so on.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

We've been going to friends' house for the past number of years. This year, we're just going to relax at home and maybe hit a local restaurant for a turkey dinner.

11. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

Going to Morgantown on Black Friday to watch what might be the last Backyard Brawl ever.

12. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

I'm too paranoid to discuss travel plans, if any. :p;):D

[​IMG]

13. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Gas will go up tomorrow just before everybody starts traveling...Watch..25 cents or more....

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Make it about 75. I'll be leaving tuesday afternoon, its just the earliest that I can get away from here.

15. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Yea...The oil company's are going to make a killing this weekend.....

16. winds-of-change

Hmmm........I have an empty tank. I guess I'm gassing up right after work today.

17. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

That's classified...lol. I'll unfortunately be at the in laws for turkey day. However I do carry there since they are bleeding liberals and anti gun it gives me satisfaction to carry in their house. And the won't kick me out because they know I'll take the family with me so out comes that great gun debate..:D I do get a lot of satisfaction from it though.

18. winds-of-change

No offense, but it sounds like you just want to stir up some bad feelings. Not particularly an easy to get along with son-in-law, maybe? And how does your wife and children feel about being put in the middle like that? :cool: I like the philosophy "Their house, their rules". Personally, I would leave the gun in the car.

19. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

My wife loves to shoot and laughs about it when her dad brings it up and my daughter is way too young to understand. They don't mention it that much anymore most of time anyways because they know they can't change my mind. And trust me the in laws are a real piece of work and I would say I earned it seeing how I moved them in with me rent free for almost two years and changed my retirement plans. There is a lot more to the story that I don't go feel like getting into but nonetheless they take me in with my gun because otherwise they would be eating alone.

20. fmj

fmj Active Member

setting at the house by myself, eating pizza and watching the LIONS!!!