Thanks to the Forum, Seriously

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by sheriffjohn, Mar 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. tomon

tomon Member

I remember when I turned on my Laptop one day, and my primary Forum was just up and gone! I was a regular along with others at auctionarms.com. The Bear got tired of being poked! Enjoy and respect this outstanding one! Trying to build another one from scratch is a lot of work.

ellis36 likes this.
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Tomon- I miss Elitist, RackOps and Jack the Dog from the old AA forum.

3. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TimKS and schnuffleupagus like this.
  4. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Well, Sherriff,

Thank you. The thread has taken an introspective bent. When people have an "ignore" button Banishment seems an extreme measure.
    Reasonable people should be able to disagree without becoming disagreeable. But in digital space it is easy to call someone a moron, particularly after posting something moronic.

But the definition of reasonable is different from person to person.

I like the arguments. The spice adds flavor.

Mod bashing is as old as a 3200baud modem. And can get results vastly different than intended.

Now look at this: Screenshot_20191224-045137_Pinterest.jpg

Trunk Monkey likes this.
  5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Agreed. It IS annoying.
    Fox, we’re going the best we can. Of course, if many people are reporting someone, I pay more attention that if ONE member is reporting someone over and over. Yes, this forum isn't what it was 10 years ago. And it never will be. I wish I could make it that way again. But I can’t. We were so close and had so much live, caring and fun. I sure do miss that forum.
    Two somebodies.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    primer1, ellis36 and locutus like this.
  6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I remember when you got "spanked" for ad hominen attacks AGAINST OTHER MEMBERS!

But political and social dirtbags, scumbags and snowflakes were fair game. Too bad that turned around 180 degrees.:mad:

JRDallas and schnuffleupagus like this.
  7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

If your mentioning the Jack I’m thinking of from here, he did NOT impress me.

8. tac foley

tac foley Well-Known Member

This is one of the only fora I visit where I have nobody on my ignore list.

Either I'm getting mellow in my old age or I've passed the point of giving a ****, I don't know, but there it is. :)

RJF22553, locutus and ellis36 like this.
  9. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Ok I just found my solution, write out a post that truly expresses how you really feel what you would really love to say to that individual, reread it several times congratulate yourselves on the eloquence and delete it. I feel much better now! Great in fact!

10. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I have done that way more than once. Somewhere in the process I cooled off. I proof read everything several times out of fear the nuns I had in grade school will come up out of their graves and get me. That almost always cools me off unless it is the beer talking

11. tomon

tomon Member

Elitist I used to hit heads with, but finally got OK with. He showed up for awhile over on AGT, but not lately. Jack The Dog and his brother Herb hit heads with Belvedere and Wali, so we don't see them. I don't remember RackOps. I just discovered a complete copy of Nynn444/Old Rattlers stories in my Laptop. He's incommunicado since his Wife died. I met him while down in Alabama when we first set up AGT. I try to drag some of the old regulars to our forum, but it's just not the same.

towboater likes this.
  12. tomon

tomon Member

Jack The Dog is a high end Seller over on Gunauctions.com who stayed with Manny when he shut down AA. I never saw him post much at all.