Thanks For the Support NFL

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Threetango, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

WTF is so offensive about that commercial? not one thing in the world to me.

so are veterans and personal along with the safe keeping of our families are now offensive subjects?

pesronally, i found it to be a very well made video and in very good taste.

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

White people having a normal family, constitutional protection from

violent blacks, who have been given blanket entitlement by society

to kill, rape, and steal as they please. VS White folks with standard

American morals and values. Veterans who fought to defend our

Constitution and way of life.

OF COURSE the NFL banned it. PC is about seeming proper, not actually being right...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  4. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Not sure I've ever seen a gun commercial personally on tv.. Secondly, I have a hard time believing the NFL has sole discretion in terms of what airs on TV, I have to believe the network has control of that until someone provides creditable proof otherwise.. :rolleyes:

5. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Maybe if they drop the logo at the end and take down the American flag on the front porch the NFL will allow it. Might want to take out the picture of him in uniform, too. Oh yeah, and put his wife in a burqa.

6. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

And replace the "and no one has the right to tell me how to defend them" part with "and Obama has the right to tell me not to defend them".

7. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Won't be watching the Super Bowl this year...

8. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Yup, the networks make these calls. It's ridiculous to think for a nano second that the NFL decides what commercials get aired.

Ridiculous threads like this give the right and the gun community a bad name.. :shame: :fail:
    This kinda **** is embarrassing to the human race..

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

It is wake up time for the "Budwiser" boys who ignore politics and engage in the sedentary sport of watching football. Their sport is being destroyed by Liberal anti-gun,anti-capitalist TV announcers and over paid idiot athletes.
    With the anti-Bullying laws and eternal lawsuits by the idiots who wasted millions of dollars the NFL is dying. :rolleyes:

10. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

Add one more to the long list of reasons that none of us should own a television or support 99% of the things that disgrace themselves by depending on television, like the NFL or the networks.

11. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

You're going to have to cut out a heck of a lot more than just the Super Bowl then. The vast majority of networks won't air firearms ads. How many gun commercials have you seen outside of the Outdoor Channel?

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

What do they care? For every one of us who tunes out,

65 cheese-ball sucking morons with the morals of an annelid

and the brains of a pile of dog $4!+ will sit down, and mind-

lessly tune in.

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The acid test will be fox. They might not get the super bowl. But we can find out if fox news is just a network that suits conservatives run by liberals. Fox gets all the good national league regular season games.

14. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Unless something has changed very recently, Fox is one of the networks with a standing "no guns or ammunition" ads rule.

15. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Let me rephrase myself,

I won't be knocking the dust off my tv and digging up my remote out of the couch cushions to turn on the Super Bowl this year.

I dont watch much tv to begin with, so as far as cutting out more than just the Super Bowl,there wasn't a whole lot of meat to cut off that one to begin with for me.

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

well i haven't watched the SuperBowl or any other football game in about twenty years. i hardly think i'll watch it this year either. :p

17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The Left sees "Big" sports as an evil capitalistic profit driven exploitation of minorities. The Liberals have damaged business, health care, energy independence, safe borders and Public education. They are now attempting control of leisure time. :confused:

18. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

The NFL has nothing to do with what ads air and which don't. That being said, as much as I love Football and made a huge part of my media career out of covering the sport, I do not Idolize any one of those players. My heart hurts over what the game has become, and how the retired sr. Players are treated by the current PA( whom I actually do some work for ), and most of the current players. I can count the # of players I have personally met professionally who are decent humans, and that is what saddens me the most. Sorry Saints fans,..Drew Brees is a A-hole. To make the statement that " why do I want to give up a part of my income to those retired players who need medical care for head injuries?" Makes him a jerkoff, and I hope after his bell is rung a few 100(more) times, he changes his tune like Brett Farve has...and many other retired players...who see that the NFL means Not For Long, after your retired. Just ask Harry Carson, Phil Simms, Joe Klecko( who we are trying to get elected to the HOF along with Simms btw) Franco Harris, Troy Aikman, Darryl Johnston, LaVarr Arrington, and many others......

I recently sat down to a lunch conversation in Sedona Az. with two greats from the 50's and 60's for Pro Players insiders( the media arm of the players assn.) Y.A Tittle, formerly of the SF49'ers & Ny Giants, and Dick Modeleleszki of the Giants & Cleveland Browns. Neither made more then 125k over their entire careers. Both are astounded at the earnings of today's athlete, and that most make more off TV commercials then they did off playing football. They are making more today off of business investments post playing then they ever did. Jim Brown was persona non grata for many years until recently in Cleveland. The current owner was smart enough to make "amends" with the modern era's greatest player, and he is now a "consultant" to the team.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  19. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Actually, your the wrong one here.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/11/27/nfl-bans-super-bowl-gun-commercial/

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  20. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Tex,...the networks use that as an excuse. The NFL works with the networks to produce "the rules" we're speaking of. That's just TV execs pushing it off on the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.