Thank you- The Rhino!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by c3shooter, Jan 6, 2011.

1. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

A public heartfelt thank you to The Rhino. Knowing my addiction to..... uh.. my LOVE of older Mossberg 22s, on New Years EVE he sends me a PM about a Mossberg at a dealer in MAINE. Called them New Years DAY- a couple of times- we had some back and forth PM's (tell them to go look in the second rack, between 2 Model 60s)

Courtesy of an 03 C&R FFL and a credit card, TODAY the lovely little brown truck showed up at the house, with my new (went out of production in 1946) Mossberg 51M rifle. Walnut stock is perfect. Metal is great. EVEN HAS THE MOSSY SLING SWIVELS ! My first gun of 2011, for the princely sum of $85.

No pics yet- long day, trying to get ready for couple of out of state trips- but did want to say THANK YOU to The Rhino! You da man! :D

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

C3 sometimes you sir PISS ME THE HELL OFF.

Where are the dam pics?

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

What HE said!!

Congrats on your new find. They really don't make them like they used to.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

That is so wonderful. What a deal!! I can wait patiently for pictures, though. ;)

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations c3 and an attaboy to Rhino as well. Good lookin' out. :cool:

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Congrats on the first one of the year C3. Some people have all the luck.

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

You ought to know better c3, :(

thread_is_worthless.jpg

<this congrats on the addition is contingent on pics>

8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I'll give ya $90 and pay for shipping to take that lemon off your hands, brother. I know I should not even offer without seeing any pics, but that is just the kind of guy I am. I am willing to draw the attention of the White Whale from your ship so you can sail in falling seas and fair winds. Ok, I will go as high as $92. All profit to you, sir. :D

Who the heck is The Rhino? No .22 round will pierce the skin of a pachyderm.

Ok, $92.50, my final offer and you will be robbing me.

Congrats, and I can't wait to see the pics :D

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

C3, you need a time out for starting a thread like this without pics.

Who the heck is the rhino?

10. c3shooter

therhino is a jr. member here from Saco ME. And a gentleman, a scholar, and a fine judge of whiskey- (as we say in the South) Pictures- well, OK-
    mossberg 51M 003.jpg

mossberg 51M 002.jpg

Since the value of the sling swivels and the rear peep sight is more than $92.50, think I'll pass- but I will think of you often. :p

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Very nice. What type of sights are those?

12. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Check that business out. . . . . . you lucky bastage (and I mean that with the utmost respect)

Dear Rhino,
    PM me the next time you run across a deal like that. M-kay?

13. c3shooter

What kind of sights? HAH! With a Mossberg, take yer pick! The front sight is the Swiss Army Knife of sights- different front sight posts swing up into place. fat post, skinny post, globe. There is a barrel mounted rear V notch sight, adjustable for windage and elevation- and there is a swing away aperture receiver sight (peep sight) with micrometer adjustment. And it was factory drilled and tapped for scope mount.