Thank God For youtube

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by doctherock, Jan 1, 2011.

1. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I would just like to say how happy I am that we have the opportunity in this day and age to have such a thing as youtube.com. Sure its full of BS videos and gags; however, on occasion it helps to have the firearms portions available. I remember my father having a complete meltdown trying to follow break down instructions on his rifles, pistols and shotguns. You had to call someone to help you out and/or take it to the smithy.

I was stripping the Mossberg tonight and if not for youtube I would have been screwed. While removing pieces I tend to lay them out how they are removed. problem is when going back together it is hard to remember the first couple times where it all went or for that matter what order they went in.

In steps youtube. I typed in what I wanted to see and got the Mossberg video on complete take down of the 500 persuader. Clean and cut video that took all the questions out of the reassembly sequence.

I just thought I would type this up to bring light to the handiness of youtube when doing little gun projects. We all know the instructions we get with the guns suck and overall leave a ton to be desired. So having said my piece I implore you to look up your project on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. before getting so pissed that you want to launch something across the room.

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Link it!!

This is the kind of stuff we should have as a resource on the forum!

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Let me look it up and I will add a few more gun models as well to give an idea.

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

mossberg 500 video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKbWcPdTRBI]YouTube - Mossberg 500 Disassembly[/ame]

5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Bushmaster M4

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur58Jo9RkfQ]YouTube - Cleaning your Bushmaster M4[/ame]

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Ruger mini 14

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ_XSF47s9s]YouTube - Ruger Mini-14 Cleaning[/ame]

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

plus you get all the martial arts training in the world. Like Shartfoo and many others.

and that dude that jumps around screaming while hacking targets with a mechet and shooting them at the same time.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Some of the videos are very helpful. Here's a great animation on the 1911:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P4XJTKzKEU]YouTube - 1911 handgun assembly animation[/ame]

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Don't forget coyote calls.:D

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

There's a very good Youtube video on taking apart the GP100. I'm still not brave enough to try it yet. A little bit of swearing (trying to be a tough guy, I assume) but an informative video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnTeSxRppiI]YouTube - Ruger GP100 disassembly and reassembly[/ame]

11. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

I used youtube when I made Scubie's gun puzzle for his birthday. Not being familiar with 1911's, I asked a former ranger master for the Sheriff's Dept to break it down for me. In my opinion, he didn't take it down far enough. I went to youtube and the only thing that I didn't take apart was the sights from the slide.

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

If I'm understanding this post right, you gave Scubie a 1911 in pieces that he had to put together?

13. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Exactly, I got him a limited edition Colt - TALO Ghost Commander for his birthday last year and totally disassembled it. I did keep the part groups together in "snack" baggies, but it was basically just a bunch of parts that he had to put together.

14. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Well youtube worked again. This time for the new guy TATTOOTOMMY. He needed instruction on AK47 breakdown and youtube did the job.

15. MGH

MGH New Member

I've been looking for a video of a take-down for my Remington 870 tactical (my avatar pic.)

There are a bunch but the person always steps in front of the camera so I can't see the gun and gives vague instructions like "just push on that thingy and this thing pops out so you can slide this little guy out."

So I start screaming at my computer screen "THAT DOESN'T F***ING HELP!":mad:

Anybody know of a more professional disassembly video for my shotgun?

16. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Ill poke around later today after work and see what I can find.

17. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

I thought there might be one on Brownell's, but there wasn't. :(