TGI AK 74 "Truck Gun"

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by ARnoob, Apr 22, 2010.

1. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

I've been trying to find a TGI AK 74 "Truck Gun" online to buy, the only place (Peach State Guns, LLC) that even has them listed is out of stock. I called and they don't know when they'll get them back. Do any of you know where I can buy one? Do any of you have any experience with them? Centerfire Systems has the Century AK 74's, and they look ok, but do not have chrome lined barrels or the wood furniture look that I like. Thanks.

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

3. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Thanks, I saw that. I've read a lot of negative reviews of the Lancaster AK 74 builds though, so I'm a bit wary of them. The price is nice though. :)

4. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Yes, but most of the AK 74 rifles seems to be CIA, without the chrome lined barrels. Someone actually had two Bulgy TGI AK 74's for $539 each last night....but they're GONE! Sheesh. :(

5. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

I've been thinking about getting one of those, but I'm a bit hesitant as the WASR 3 I had a few years back was a real P.O.C. The WASR 2 maybe different though.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

7. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Thanks. I appreciate it. The price is a bit steep, but that's the rifle I'm looking for. I'd like to spend around $500 max. A guy on GB had that same rifle for $539, and then it vanished! :(

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  8. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Damn! Why can it be American Made? Wife took one look and said the following words, "H#LL No, Not in this House" :(

I did get permission for another AR!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  9. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

That is one nice looking rifle! :D

10. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Yeap! Even for the $700 in bones, problem is "The boss" does not approve of East Block weapons! :(

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

To be 922r compliant there can only be 10 imported parts. They cannot even import the barrels any longer (that is why finding a chrome lined is difficult). Tell the wife it is a US made rifle with a few imported parts.

She does not like the "commie" rifles? Political decision? Do you have a 98K? NAZI. Italian? They were a facist state in the recent history. All countries have "issues", be they past or current. Any modern European firearm can be said to be at least soc-ialist. I have a Polish AK. Poland is one of the more capitalist countries on the Continent and now a NATO member.

Ehhh, trying to argue logic with a woman (no offense to the ladies on this forum) is rather futile and not conducive to safe sleeping.

12. aj342

aj342 New Member

13. SPBaker

SPBaker New Member

I have that exact 1. not chrome lined, but people make way too big of a deal over chrome lined barrels. Love this rifle =)

at that price, you can put new furniture on it. here from the same site... used but can refinish.

AK 3-Piece Wood Stock Set Part #STKAKA04

14. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

The advantage a chrome lined barrel has on any rifle chambered for the 5.45 x 39 is that much of the mil-surp ammo available is at least mildly corrosive, even if it specifies non-corrosive, but as long as you run an ammonia based solvent through the barrel soon after a range session you can protect it against corrosion pretty well.

That furniture looks great! And refinishing it to your own liking is nothing but fun!