Texas needs the water....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Sep 3, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I just talked with my sister in Texas,she lives about a hour north of Houston,on lake Livingston...Debbie said this is the first rain of any amount they have had in almost three months...3...Months.....WOW....The tree's are all stressed-out and the grass crunches when you walk on it....She said people are honking their horns and dancing in the street...She had to call and tell everybody that they got rain after three months....That's along time...I hope all of Texas gets some rain.....

2. PowderBurnBassist

PowderBurnBassist New Member

I hope we get some water very soon. There is at least one fire everyday around here. It's scary stuff.

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Our drought here in the San Antonio area is even worse than the one in Houston. They say maybe we'll get a little next week.

4. PowderBurnBassist

PowderBurnBassist New Member

God, I hope some hits fredricksburg.

5. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Rain, Rain, Rain........

Don't pray for Rain..... South La. is being flooded because of people praying to put out the fire around N.O.....You arse holes should never pray for rain..........You get what you asked for.........:eek:

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Sorry, but I'll take my chances and keep praying.

7. RairWeatherSmok

RairWeatherSmok New Member

NE Houston - got .1" (one - tenth inch)

8. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Thats about what we got in Tomball too.................if that:(

9. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

Where is around here so we don't have to guess?

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

He said Fredricksburg.

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Pray for some to come up here to NE Texas too! It rained a little several weeks ago but pretty much dried up by the end of the day.

12. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Quit bragging about your plentiful rain.:D

13. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

I'm about 4 1/2 hours north of downtown Houston, and we're still waiting for it to reach us. This is, by far, the worst drought we've had in my lifetime. They say this is worse than the "dust bowl" of the 20s!!

14. tqu9047

tqu9047 New Member

DFW area getting drier and drier. Boat ramps closing because of lack of water. Watering restrictions in place (say goodbye to any and all grass and vegitation). Saw 3 grass fires along the interstate on the way home yesterday.
    We NEED rain. If we pray for it and get too much, call Noah and have the arc ready. we will take all we can get.

Tim

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I live in North Florida about two hundred miles East of New Orleans. We have been in a drought and hot spell all summer. (100 on Sept 1).

The rain started here two hours ago and is expected to rain all week. We get the benefit of the storm without the wind and I couldn't be happier.

I sure hope you people in the S.W. get the rain you need. If I could I would send you a day of what we are getting now.

16. opaww

opaww New Member

We have needed rain also here in Ky. and got some today it was not really enough but it will have to do for now.

17. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Raining very lightly here in Tennessee at 3:45 PM Central Time. But nothing to amount to anything. They are saying we are going to get some rain all of next week since the remnants of the Tropical Storm to the South moves North? As far as Texas we will say a little rain prayer for you also because we also need some in TN. I heard South Dakota has called off most of their season on Antelope and a lot of the heard has died due to the drought and nothing to eat? My friend who owns the Ranch in Texas where I hunt by Paducah advised they adopted a new Rain Gauge in Texas this year. It is a bottle cap off of a Miller Light Beer Bottle! :D

18. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

Sorry about that. Brain fart.

19. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Happens to the best of us.

20. shadamai

shadamai New Member

I hope that y'all in Texas get some rain soon...I have seen Texas on the news for quite some time now because of the droughts, fires, and dust storms. It's alarming to think of how much of the country has had bad droughts, fires, floods, etc. this year...bad news for the farmers and our food supply.