Texas girl shooting .500 S&W

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DFlynt, Aug 10, 2013.

1. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Gotta love those Texas girls!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFAApRUH094[/ame]

2. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Did I miss something??

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Considering the gun has a tendency of flying out of the hands (two handed grip, mind you) of large grown men, and this is supposedly her first time shooting (I call bull ****. Maybe her first time with THAT gun, but she obviously has experience with magnum guns), I'm very impressed.

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Those were reduced hand loads. She was not firing full house .500 Mags.:p

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's how it appeared to me. Still impressive though. Had to have been at least on par with a .44 mag.

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Might be under-powered loads. I still wouldn't want to arm wrestle her.

7. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

I Do Love them Texas Girls.
    Better a reduced load,
    I remember one night at the Trap & Skeet range.
    A jerk was trying to teach his wife to shoot a shotgun,
    with MAGnum loads.

8. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

She's shooting lower grade reloads. I have one of those and hulk hogan couldn't shoot it like that.
    Shooting that close to the target is just a complete waist of money too. By fire works or clap your hands if you want to hear a bang sound.

9. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

All I know is what she says on her YouTube description section,

"Love my Smith and Wesson 500 revolver! I am shooting Factory loads 350 grain jacketed hollow point 50 caliber bullets. I shoot dueling stance out of preference, not show. It is very natural to me; am a one-handed shooting southern TEXAS girl! Watch my other videos, SUBSCRIBE AND LIKE. I support the 2nd Amendment, the NRA, and GOA. Visit my website www.terilafaye.com and follow me on facebook. Have a blessed day! Teri LaFaye:"

Believe it or don't, makes no difference to me. :)

10. rurak

rurak New Member

No offense but I can't think of a bigger waste of money than that gun and its ammo. My friend has one and it just sits in the safe because its so expensive and uncomfortable to shoot.

11. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Hand loads or factory loads, she can have my life time supply of .500 ammo for that cannon she's shooting.

12. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

The point as I see it is it's just a video of a hot chick shooting a big gun. Good enough. Except that dude should have shut the F*** up, he somewhat ruined it with his stupid commentary.

13. jebsca

jebsca New Member

It is expensive to shoot, and that is why I got into reloading. I can shoot my 500 for abou 50 cents now.

As for being uncomfortable, I think it just takes some getting used to. I have had several people tell me thay wouldn't shoot it, and after watching me, try it and like it.

I worked up a reduced load for people that want to ease into it. I have only had one person say she was done after one factoy load, and as she is my syster, I will give her a pass.

I have had nothing but fun with mine, and have let almost anybody that ask shoot this thing. It is almost as much fun to watch someone shoot this for the firdt time as it is to shoot. But if you are going to let someone shoot this, don't set then up for failure. Remember, if they drop it, its your pistol getting dropped. Also, I would like more people to like shooting, and letting someone that has never shot before grab this one handed loaded up with 700 grain rounds is going to have them voting anti-2A.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Maybe hot to you. She reminds me of my mom, therefore, thoughts of hotness go straight out the window. Except she's not quite as bad ass.

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

LOL, does the guy yakking remind you of your dad?

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Nope. Not at all.

17. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Is that Jerry Clower narrating? I agree, GREATLY reduced loads

18. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Good stance, steady hold. She's had some practice.

19. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

The narrator may be a dork, but I do like to see any and all publication of support/enjoyment/participation in all things "gun" by women. Women have traditionally been one of a lieberal's favourite victim groups. When enough of them come over to our side, it makes it harder for a lieberal to claim that their anti-gun agenda is about advancing women's causes and their platform starts to look like what it really is - plain old bigotry with a fascist dogma that uses big words.

20. readygirl

readygirl New Member

LOL....Definately not her first time..but i know you guys like to hear that....:D