Texas gangs mark tires

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Durangokid, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

2. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

sorry Kid, I believe this story has been covered and debunked and filed under internet myth.

3. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Dog gone and I thought it would lead to a new shooting sport. I shoot with a group near Electra, Txs. they have it on their club page.:(

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Only thing that spreads faster than measles in a 3rd grade class is urban legends. :p

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I must be Clarevoyant or something. For years my shooting buddies would love giving me a hard time because I would not "stop for a bite" and leave dozens of guns sitting in a restaurant parking lot!

Tack

6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Debunked?

Huh...well I'm still not leaving my guns in a parked car.

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

It may be debunked now, but if some gang banging POS decides that this sounds like a good idea, it will actually happen. :mad:

8. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

Red yellow and white dots or circles are common on tires. It actually tells you where the tire should be in terms on the valve stem on the rim. Sometimes it's a little yellow tag. But when I have guns in my truck and we stop for lunch or breakfast, the truck gets parked where I can see it. Guns never get left in the back of a pickup. Always in the cab.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

Markings on tires are also used by parking authorities to determime how long youve been parked in a specific area

10. Bootsdeal

Bootsdeal New Member

My dog likes to mark tires while he's out walking, but he don't know how to shoot.

11. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Our local PD was doing this at a couple of bars. MI does not allow targeted enforcement, i.e. roadblocks, so the creative local PD rationalized that wasn't targeted enforcement. But, funny thing about unintended consequences, they managed to shut down all but one of the city's bars (small town), and those bars generated a fair amount of state shared revenue. PD has taken a huge hit as a result, and there's concern the FD may go away all together.

12. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Urban legend, as stated. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.