Texas Father To Be Charged For Killing Drunk Driver Who Killed His Kids

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Vikingdad, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

2. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

So sad but I think he might be able to plea crime of passion or temporary insanity. Both of which are valid arguments in Texas if I remember right

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Jury nullification

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I suppose the officers who arrested him must be corrupt.:rolleyes:

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It's not the first time something like this happened......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE[/ame]

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

It happened here in CA too, Ellie Nessler killed the guy right inside the courtroom who molested her 6 year old son. As I recall she used a Beretta .25 ACP and smuggled it in (this was before metal detectors were installed).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellie_Nesler

7. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I cant imagine what that must be like. I have 2 daughters and a son and I dont know if I could control my urges if something similar happened to me.

I am not sympathetic to any ill that befalls a drunk driver. They kill more innocent people than they do themselves, that being said I hope the guy gets off easy as possible.

8. Colby

Colby New Member

Very sad set of circumstances.
    A jury could find him not guilty be reason of many things. They have latitude.

9. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

sounds open and shut make legel gun owners look bad

10. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

He will get off with a temporary insanity plea. Who can convict a man who just lost his family? So many times throughout the US people have been found not guilty in such cases. In New Orleans a man killed the murderer of his children on national TV and was found not guilty.

11. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

if he beat him on the spot i would say we would get off but he went and got his gun that shows per meadation and planning he will be luckey to get away with 2nd manslauater. 10 years min . the prousaction will make the drunk boy look like a choir boy and him like a gun totting hell bent murdering thug

12. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I'd like to be on that jury. Sounds like justifiable homicide to me. Everyone of these drunks should be shot.

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

A prosecuter prosecuting is one thing. A jury convicting is something else all together. I would vote not guilty for sure.

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

As I recall there was a case in Bakersfield some 30 or so years back where a drug dealer was pushing drugs on the school children as they walked home from school every day. One kid told his dad, dad went down to tell the guy that if he ever pushed drugs on his kid again he would kill him. Some time later the kid gives his dad some drugs that the pusher gave the kid. Dad went down to the guy's house and killed him. At the trial the dad said "I gave him fair warning."

He was acquitted.

15. RichNH

RichNH New Member Supporter

I can certainly sympathize with the father, but it doesn't feel right that he would get off scott free. I don't know what the law is where this took place, but I hope the jury has the option to convict on a lesser charge rather than murder 2.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I disagree. Sometimes acts in the heat of the moment are not criminal acts. Its like when a guy attacks another guy in a bar fight, but the attacker underestimates the abilities of the victim and gets himself killed. I see it as the same thing.

The fact is that drunk drivers never get what they got coming when they kill people. This guy did. Case closed.

17. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I dont know if I could live with myself if I killed someone drunk, or not. I do agree that we should have harsher punishments in the us to cut down crime. I also think that we should have an easier time defending ourselves.

18. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I pray that I am never put into that sort of situation, but I would not want to look back and know I did nothing either. Hope I never have to find out.

19. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

This was a very tragic accident. Nothing will bring back those two young boys. NO WAY should he have let his two boys ages 11 and 12 get out and push a pickup truck down a long dark, narrow, rural road. Drunk drivers are everywhere now days. Also drivers that are impaired by drugs and or prescription medication. The world is more dangerous now than it has ever been. You need to watch out for yourself and the people you love at all times.

Drunk drivers are a plague on society, never let your guard down.

20. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Sounds like he is guilty of murder and should be sent to jail. He's not the judge jury executioner, if we just allow a disregard for the system then why have one at all? "Suspected drunk driver", maybe the man was not drunk but having a medical issue or something else was going on, this is why we have due process and don't just issue street justice.

He should not be allowed to own guns in the future, he has demonstrated he is not capable of controlling himself with them. They might just be the tool but this guy shouldn't have access to that tool.