Texas CHL processing time

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by alcoulter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. alcoulter

alcoulter New Member

I mailed everything in on March 18th and the status on the tx dps website still shows that they are waiting to receive my paperwork. Should I call and confirm they got everything or just sit tight so they don't put me at the bottom of the stack?

Has any one recently applied and got there TX CHL how Long did it take to process?

2. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Reminds me of mail in rebates. Lol

I'm not TX, but to me logic would dictate that with the panic these permits are being sent in at an alarming rate causing a major backup in the complete process, including the online reporting.

It has been a month, so I understand your curiosity and impatience, but my advice would be, yes, assume it's just taking longer because it is everywhere.

Also, yes, call them and get a confirmation, because your impatience and agitation will only grow worse without it, or at least mine would. Lol

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Relax & sit tight--
    It'll get there-

4. GonzoLonzo

GonzoLonzo New Member

It took me 4 weeks to get mine in the mail from the time I mailed everything in. Nothing showed on their website until the last week. Relax and it will come.

5. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

I mailed my certified mail and got it 2 weeks later. Just came in today

6. nitromud

nitromud New Member

I am in Texas too and I mailed my application in 35 days ago. The status changed just today from waiting to receive documents to processing all the information. Just be patient. I emailed the DPS on mine at 28 days and they responded that it will take up to 60 to get the license.

7. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

8. texasman55

texasman55 New Member

I'm texas too, they received my package of completed materials in the mail on March 8, 2013. April 23 the status online changed to show that they were conducting my background check. The 16th of May, the status changed that they had completed and it was mailed on the 17th. I expect it any day now in the mail!

9. texasman55

texasman55 New Member

I received my license in the mail last night!!! Total wait time from the day I sent it in to the day I got it in the mail was 77 days. Total time from the day they processed my paperwork into the computer until I received my license was 29 days... That's a lot better than the 60 that they are alotted!!!

10. northtx

northtx New Member

I sent mine on 3/31. After 48 days the TX CHL site updated to show that it had received it and is in background processing. It will take another 30 days or so to update and for me to receive my new CHL.

11. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

I'm sending mine in on 6/15.

#crossinfingers

12. lgvelez

lgvelez New Member

I took my test and passed on 5/21, came home and did my online registration that night. Mailed my paper work on the 22nd and did fingerprints on the 23d. I expect my license to arrive some time in early August ... If I'm lucky.

Laura

13. hawaiifrank

hawaiifrank New Member

I mailed my TX CHL application on Feb 10, received a call about my DD-214 (military discharge certificate) on Mar 14 and was told to submit my fingerprints the following week. That was done Mar 23. I received it in the mail about May 15. It was just over 90 days start to finish. It would have been faster if I had done the online application, I think.

14. Randyman59

Randyman59 New Member

I went 48 days with not hearing anything. I'd check the website every couple of weeks to see what you saw, awaiting application. Then June 28th I checked the website for status. Told me they received everything but the CHL100 saying I took the class and passed proficiency, and my DD214 showing honorable discharge. Tried to figure out how they got some but not all, since it was all mailed in one envelope. I called Austin and held the line for 15 minutes till I got someone. He told me the form the class instructor used was old form and needed a new form. And the discharge paper, I sent the same one back to em.
    So, just waiting some more. Gives me time to break in my new IWB holster....

Keep checking the website....