Texas Chef Successfully Deep-Fries...Beer!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Deep Fried Beer! :D

I read the article and had to clean the keyboard, monitor and the mouse. Looks sooooooo good to eat!

Texas Chef Successfully Deep-Fries...Beer! | Field & Stream

I sincerely hope the committee that hands out Nobel Prizes in the science fields have taken notice of one Texas chef who recently achieved a gastronomical breakthrough: deep-fried beer.

That’s right. According to this report: The beer is placed inside a pocket of salty, pretzel-like dough and then dunked in oil at 375 degrees for about 20 seconds, a short enough time for the confection to remain alcoholic. When diners take a bite the hot beer mixes with the dough in what is claimed to be a delicious taste sensation.

[​IMG]

Inventor Mark Zable said it had taken him three years to come up with the cooking method and a patent for the process is pending. He declined to say whether any special ingredients were involved.

Zable will introduce the dish at a fried-food competition in Texas later this month. He’ll serve five of the ravioli-like bites for a very modest $5. If any of our Texas readers plan on attending this food festival, please report back to the Wild Chef (fswildchef@gmail.com) and let us know how they tasted.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Lon, you need to hire this guy and you can also hire Dune'r as your in-house brewmaster...

3. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Waaaaa I must be dreaming!

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I've tried this so many times and I keep getting my face blistered when I spew the beer into the deep fryer. :(

5. Yunus

Yunus New Member

You would be surprised how much alcohol remains in food after being cooked. It's commonly thought that alcohol just boils off first but I have been doing some research for a project and discovered how it really works and it's not a quick process to remove alcohol from a substance.

I think I might try to make this. Simply make ravioli but instead of filling it with cheese or meat, fill it with a thick beer cheese soup heavy on the beer.

This is an inspiring post, thanks for sharing!

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Interesting, I did not know that. I remain skeptical, though. :)

7. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Obviously you'd eat these for the taste. Eating enough to get a buzz would be a total b!tch.

8. Yunus

Yunus New Member

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Interesting, thanks.

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

What is the deal with Dude's Fingernails?:eek:

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

He's obviously a serious nail biter.

12. zhuk

zhuk New Member

BOTH major food groups represented?

Have to hand it to this guy...

13. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

14. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

And some people wonder why I plan to move to Texas when I retire..... [​IMG]

15. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

It's a smart move.