Texas Attorney General Declares Red Flag Alert on UN Treaty

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BPNovum, Apr 5, 2013.

1. BPNovum

BPNovum New Member

"We, as American citizens and defenders of our liberty, must now be vigilant and keep pressure on the U.S. Senate to make certain they do the right thing by blocking this treaty. If they do not, Gen. Abbott is poised to strike in our defense. With Gen. Abbott on our side, I like our odds!" - Bob Price Please join the commentary on TexasGOPVote.com.

http://texasgopvote.com/regions/tex...d-flag-alert-response-un-arms-control-0053031

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

All I can say to the UN is...

[​IMG]

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

And some folks still flame me when I point out that the slimy little pissant that got us into that damned criminal organization was none other than Harry Truman. The father of the "no win wars."

4. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

It seems to me there is an even more insidious part to this proposed "treaty".

Forgetting all the valid gun issues for a moment, this treaty purports to give the U.N. the power to change it afterwards on a 75% vote of the General Assembly.

Think about the ramifications of that for a moment.....

A treaty should be like a contract where two or more states agree on "X" and the exact same parties can later agree on something else, if they wish. A contract signed by "X" and "Y" can be changed or added to later if those same signatories agree to do so; it cannot be changed by "Y" and "Z"! Those kinds of agreements belong in Bizarro World and should stay there.

Furthermore, the General Assembly consists of a lot of tinpot countries whose delegates are likely to steal the U.N. silverware (that's actually happened) and this "treaty" tries to set up them up as future law-makers in your country and mine. WTF!

The globalist agenda is visible.

ps: That's where the text was when I last saw it. Does anybody know if that's what was passed?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Fortunately, our country requires that it be ratified by 2/3 of the senate before we are bound by it.

And that is not going to happen.

6. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Our Constitution supersedes all international treaties.

7. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Not positive but I think the oposite is true, treaties become part of the constitution. I don't know how to verify this though. I read it somewhere but can't remember where. And as always I could be wrong and hope I am in this case.

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The U.S. can not enter into treaties without ratification by the Congress. As posted by Locutus. Woodrow Wilson was from Virginia and the first Southerner elected to the White House since Reconstruction. He was the son of a Confederate and a slave holder. President Wilson in 1919 proposed and founded the "Left Wing" League of Nations the parent organization of the United Nations. This was a product of Home Grown American politics:(.

9. F4U

That ain't anywhere near all of the damage Wilson did to this country.
    Almost every thing your current president is getting away with Wilson tried and failed. FDR was in Wisons cabinet, he managed to make some of wilsons agenda stick. Along came LBJ and here came more left wing nonsense. Now we have BHO putting the finishing touches on wilsons dreams.

Wilsons 3 most destructive legacies

1 The Federal Reserve.

2 The progressive income tax.

3 The direct popular election of senators instead of thier election by the individual state legislatures as is provided for by the constitution.

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

F4U, Very good post. You are obviously not a product of the Public School system. ;)

11. F4U

Only the last 4 years, the first 8 were private. In the test they gave me on entering high school I scored 12thgrade 9th month on every subject but math and science. That was how far ahead the private schools were ahead of public schools in the late 70s and early 80s. In truth being a little behind in math was probably my fault and being a little behind in science was probably the schools fault, as it was a religious school.

That being said I hated school to the point that 30 years out of school I get claustrophobic going to a parent teacher conference for my daughter. Somebody told me when I was in high school that these would be the best years of my life, to which I replied that I must be in store for a very crappy life. With the exception of the last couple of years with my ex es shenanigans every year after high school was better than the year before it.

12. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

QFT. I still have nightmares in which I am stuck in my senior year, and it has been 20 years since then. I too was told to enjoy theses years, they are the best years of your life. For me, they were some of the worst. My reply to the principal was along the lines of, If these are the best years of my life, then somebody should effin' shoot me. Add to that, my dad retiring from the Corps, and the transition to civilian life. Not just for him, but also for my mom and myself. Pretty big change for a 15 year old that spent all of his life living on or near base to move to a po-dunk little village of 750 in western NY state. Needless to say, it sucked.