Texans encouraged to go Hog Wild.

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by orangello, Oct 6, 2010.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

Texas declares war on hogs gone wild - Yahoo! News

"The state's Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples has declared October "Hog Out Month - Get the Hog Outta Texas!" as part of a campaign to eradicate the pests."

""Get the Hog Outta Texas" month will feature a challenge among Texas counties that will run until October 31. The county that documents the most hogs removed during the month will get a $25,000 grant toward what the Texas Department of Agriculture terms "feral hog abatement technologies.""

Any of you Texas forumites planning on showing some county spirit & turning some hogs into spirits? If so, good luck! Maybe some pics of your October bacon makin'?

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I'm on it.

3. Dadoo

Dadoo New Member

huntin for hog huntin

I would just love to help someone clear some hogs off your property. I know people who have property, but won't allow hunting and most of the places that do hunting want a bushel of money just to shoot a couple of pigs. How about someone showing some good Texas hospitality and let me come shoot a couple? DFW area. IM me and I won't tell anyone else.

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Coincidently, CA Representative Henry Waxman has cancelled plans to travel to Texas in October to campaign for fellow House members....

[​IMG]

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Good thinking on his part.