Terrorists show renewed interest in explosive implants, TSA's nudie booth can't see.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by orangello, Jul 6, 2011.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

Security officials see renewed interest in implanted explosives - CNN.com

"As a precaution, passengers flying from international locations to U.S. destinations may notice additional security measures in place. These measures are designed to be unpredictable, so passengers should not expect to see the same activity at every international airport," Kimball said. from the article.

Unpredicatble eh? hmmmmmm Did i hear a elbow-length rubber glove being snapped? :eek:

I guess the TSA's nudie booth isn't up to the task.

2. Millwright

Millwright Member

Or at least so says DHS. And TSA says its going for "more passenger interaction", too !

About all we really know about these backscatter scanners is there's reports they generate a lot more "dose" than the public has been led to believe. Rumor has it a lot of TSA personnel are presenting a lot more cancers than statistical probability predicts should occur.

The administration that promised a "new era in government transparency" has delivered - with black pages. >MW

3. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

I work at a federal prison. We have to body scanners. There is an old one, it can see through clothes to locate weapons, and see how "endowed" one is. We have another one, I believe it is a prototype. It takes 30 seconds. You can count the number of fillings in someones mouth, you can see if they have any rods and screws in bones, you can even see if an inmate has swallowed 12 balloons of cocaine or marijuana.

I personally think they should use these. If they are already gonna invade privacy and look or touch your junk, at least use something that would show implanted bombs.

4. RairWeatherSmok

RairWeatherSmok New Member

First off, I don't fly anymore. IF I did, and if I was scanned by the device that scans whats inside, the first call they would make would be to a bomb disposal squad.

I have a 4 oz titanium computer capable of delivering 700 joules of electricity through 3 leads attached to my heart. I saw a chest x-ray once. Looked awful spooky.

Just add C4 and ready to blow !!

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Oh behave...

[​IMG]

6. orangello

orangello New Member

I just hope those TouchySqueezyAsswipes don't screw up train travel.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I had the answer two years ago, nobody listens to an old man!

You build a check point booth big enough for one person at a time. The booth is made of ballistic/bomb proof material and once the subject enters, every known RF trigger is employed to cause explosives to go high order.

No boom, no bomb. Boom, no problem, the check point booths have wheels and you wheel out the used one and replace it with a fresh one!

No more need for nudie booths, junk touchers and the like!

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I listened and still like the idea myself as well. :cool:

They would need to add a good drain/garbage disposal, some bleach and a firehose for quick clean-up and turnaround though. ;)

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I don't fly anymore, either. Maybe, prior to bankruptcy, the airlines will

get the message...

10. Lawmaker

Lawmaker New Member

Soon we will be like Total Recall where we can only see bones.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

Nah, then the terrorists will start making fake bones out of semtex.

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You are soooo smart!!! Great idea!

13. Lawmaker

Lawmaker New Member

Shoe bomber and Underwear bomber had to light theirs.

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

The 911 terrorists successfully achieved ALL THEIR GOALS.

NOW we cower in abject fear behind Government organizations

like TSA every time we fly.

IT's precisely what the terrorists set out to do.

Make us all die a thousand small deaths,instead of just one.

This was well handled by the Fed, too, who, in all too

predictable a fashion, just threw a potload of our

money at the problem.

15. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

What he said. Despite warnings from the Israelis and others: For decades it was the policy of the US gov't and the airlines to give the benevolent hijackers the airplane. It worked so well on 911.

One of these days the Islamic crazies will hit us again big time. While the putrid TSA is obsessing with with strip searching little girls and old ladies the terrorists are planning their next strike.

16. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Are we worried about planes being used as weapons to be flown into buildings or being blown up mid flight? I think the terrorists have moved past the blown up mid flight idea because airplanes are not an easy target.

This leaves the hijacking a plane scenario. We already solved this soon after 9/11. Reinforced cockpit doors. Bad guys can't get in, pilot lands with SWAT waiting, Problem solved.

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

Just give everyone an airline issue taser. Any stupidity give the juice. So what if a few false tas#rings happen we all need entertaining.

18. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, I've got to buy you a beer sometime...