Tell your loved ones you love them.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jo da Plumbr, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

My S.O. got a phone call last night. Her mother is in the hospital. No one had heard from mom for a day and when they broke into her house she was laying unconscious on the floor. The doctors say she had a brain aneurysm. There was a fairly large amount of bleeding and there is pressure in the skull. Mom is on a ventilator and they are running tests today to try to determine the amount of brain damage. Mom is 65 and was feeling fine on Sunday when My GF talked to her. Now Mom is in ICU and my SO is at LAX waiting for the first flight to New York.

The doctors will not give any prognosis at this time, but a nurse friend of my SO said full recovery from a bleed like this is unlikely and that survival may be worse than a peaceful end.

This is how fast we can lose the ones we love.

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

My prayers out to you, my friend.

I think we lose sight of just how quickly one's life can change and we take too much for granted.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That's rough brother. I'll keep you and yours in my prayers.

4. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Whoa, sorry to hear that man...my thoughts are with you & your family. A sobering reminder indeed - we should never take any of the people we love for granted.

5. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Mine also Jo. Know that you and your family have all our support.

6. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Man thats horrible, sorry to hear that. Its amazing how quickly things can turn around.
    I'm in the same boat right now, fathers in the icu after two strokes and they took both his legs last week.

Thoughts and prayers are with ya JDP

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Prayers and kind thoughts coming her way.

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Sorry to hear that Jo and my prayers and thoughts are with you and your mother. Keep up a strong outlook my friend, sometimes the human body and mind can be stronger in its recovery from injury than we think.

Jack

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Thank you for your support and kind thoughts guys. I just got word that the doctors are taking her in for brain surgery. At least they have hope enough to try the operation.

10. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Sorry to hear that Jo, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family, as well as KTMBoyz Family. God bless you all.

"God give us grace, to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things that should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other." - Reinhold Niebuhr.

11. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I feel for ya bro. That's exactly how my dad passed just over 2 years ago-he fell & hit his head & had bleeding on the brain. They didn't bother to take him in until the next day & by then it was too late. My prayers are with yall.

I was in hospital at the time so I wasn't even informed until later-didn't even get to go to his funeral.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  12. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Unfortunately Mom passed away last night. She never regained conciseness from when found. Thankfully my girlfriend got to be there during her last hours. I’ll be flying to NY for services next weekend.
    Jo

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'm very sorry for your loss, JDP. If there's anything I can do, please ask.

My prayers, bro.:(

14. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I'm truly sorry to hear that. Anything we can do, just let us know.

15. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm saddened to hear it. Please accept my condolences.

16. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

I'm very sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences, same as your girlfriend.:(

17. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Prayers and kind thoughts coming her way.

This is how my grandmother went. The Doc said hers was there for a long time maybe a year or two before it went. He said that the one to two beers a day we were giving her helped her live about a year or two longer. She was in the end getting a little off. I had to pick her up on main street in nothing more than underwear and a trench coat on a 110* day.

From what you say she would more than likely be on a vent and nothing more than a veggie (Take no offence to this) so death may be the best option in the end.

I feel for you and your GF having to make a decisions like that is life altering.

18. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sh!t happens when you least expect it. If we knew when something like this was going to happen, we could avoid it. Thoughts and prayers my man.

19. orangello

orangello New Member

Feel better man; she isn't hurting now. She wouldn't want you to feel bad for her; just remember some fun times with her & wish her well.

My favorite granny went out in similar fashion, several years ago. She fell & hit her head & then sat down to watch some TV & never woke up. She had told me about a year before that she wanted to go out sitting in her recliner watching TV or reading (she was 94 or 95). I've often thought that she knew what was up after bumping her head. I hope i pass with as much ease. Granny B had a Christmas present under her bed, just one; it was a sweatshirt for me. I've never worn it, but i've had it for about 9 years now.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  20. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Godspeed Mom. Sorry for your loss bro.