Tell us what you would do-hypothetically

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, May 21, 2010.

1. Boycott the establishment

85.3%
  2. Check it out, but opt for the common area

11.8%
  3. Check it out, but opt for the "Whites Only" area

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Become a V.I.P

2.9%
  1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Your town, city, county, state or what ever ordinance regulating gubmit entity has voted to repeal any kind of law regarding integration. A new restaurant opens up (great food reviews and affordable). They decide to have a "Whites Only" section and bathrooms that are optional to the "Whites". They allow everyone, but only in a common area. Would you patronize the restaurant with great food at a good price?

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

In a word, no. I believe in equality and human dignity. Those terms violate my beliefs.

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Interesting scenario, Skull....but my vote would be "no."

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Having a "White Only" section might be too far, But has anyone been in a High School Cafeteria? There is already a Self Segregation common place. It was that way when I was in School and it is still like that when I go to my kids
    School.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Big difference between mandatory and self-imposed, Shi.

6. Shihan

Just Saying if people are willing to self impose it, then what problem would there be if there was a place that required it. Make no sense to me, to complain about something that happens on a normal basis.
    And what if the sign said "Blacks Only"?

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Jesus doesn't see in color. I do not patron establishments that go against my morals.

8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I knew this poll would be changed from open to blind. It confirms what I have suspected for a long time now.

Why not leave it open? Oh, I know. The separatists/racists are cowards and they would never answer the poll if it really showed their true colors to the whole forum. They would rather tuck their manhood between their legs than really let people know what they think. By "manhood", I mean standing up for what you really believe; man or woman. Like I said, cowards.

I voted for "Boycott".

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

HUH? What's this all about? :confused: :confused:

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

So what if it the sign said that? Would that be a big deal to you?

11. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

And me too.

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Me three! I hate to think such a thing exists anymore though. :eek:

13. Shihan

I would give two craps less if the Sign said "Blacks Only". There is plenty of "Black Only" stuff and I ain't Boycotting. I don't see the deal.
    I am far from a Racist/Separatist. I treat everyone the way I would want to be treated, that is with respect.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Then why even ask?

15. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

I voted for boycott, I grew up in North Carolina during de-segregation and if anything, that taught me to judge someone by their actions and not their looks. I have always believed that if you take a group of people of all shades of skin color, eye shape, hair type, or any other difference and cut their wrist and bleed them into a big bucket I defy anyone to tell whose blood is whose. Nope, we are all the same and all different also.

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, for starters, the survey makes an assumption- that I am white.
    Any of y'all ever met me? :confused: Oh- I AM predominantly Caucasian- my Mom's family was Scotch-Irish, Dad's side was English/Cherokee. Eastern Band, Deer Clan. Those were the folks that decided not to take a walk to Oklahoma. Do we assume that only white folks like guns, shooting, and hunting?

Second, it would make it rather difficult to take some of my family to dinner- since I DO have a very sweet black daughter-in-law, and she and my oldest son have two children- one of them currently being on active duty with the US Army.

Third- I consider people that cannot look beyond skin- be they black OR white- to be pretty sorry assed people. I do not reward people with my trade if I find them abhorrent.

17. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Self segregation is one thing. It's by choice..not law. I've been of the opinion my whole life that as humans go..they are members of the human race. any other issues are merely geographic evolution.

In a nutshell...There's only one race of humans..And they all are members of the human race. Judging anyone on grounds beyond their character I just can't do. So no..I'd not go in such a place.

18. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

C3,

I make no assumptions as to the heritage, race, creed, sex, religion etc of any gun owner or forum member here. The poll does not attempt to suggest any of that. The options are clear.

None of you have ever met me. There has been a blurred picture of me here, but there is now way to tell where my ancestors originated.

I stand by the poll as I first posted, but it has been changed by a mod or the admin.

19. Shihan

People get bigotry or prejudice confused with racism. We need to get our definitions straight.

I maybe prejudiced and bigoted, but that doesn't make me a Racist. Everyone makes Prejudgments, that is why first impressions are important.