tell me your best shot with a 22lr.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by vito77, Nov 26, 2011.

1. vito77

vito77 New Member

tell me your best shots with a 22 lr....

2. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

70 yards with an unsighted inaccurate scope. I shot a shotgun shell off a piece of wood. Probably just dumb luck.

3. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

About 75 yards with iron sights at a running groundhog. Dropped him dead!

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

I wont even say because y'all wouldn't believe it, even though I claim more luck than skill for the particular shot in question. Hell it was nothing but luck, no skill was in the equation at that range at all. Period.

Oh heck with it, approx 300 yard on a squirrel, with a sear's revelation (I think it's the same as a Marlin 60) Iron sights.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

26 yds, clipped the head off a ruffed grouse, on the wing, hip shot, one handed, 22 Llama, one round, WITH WITNESSES- including my son who was 13- and impressed as all get out! :D

Cool- making that shot.

Incredibly cool- as bird hits ground with a KERFLUMPH, saying "Hold up son- let's see if there is another one in there...."

6. HWRamsey

HWRamsey New Member

Laying on the ground about 100 yards from a 220 lb hog (boar). Dropped him with one shot with a reminton .22 iron sights.

7. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Winchester 75T target rifle, 1939 production, Weaver 6X fixed scope, Winchester Dynapoint .22LR at 100 yards.

[​IMG]

8. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

shot a plastic fishing bobber at 75 yards, standing, with my dad's 9 inch heavy barrelled Ruger mark II.

more dumb luck than anything else

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

4 shots, 4 squirrels, same tree, 30 yrds, under a minute. with marlin 60

10. unclebear

unclebear New Member

50 yard headshot on a turtle with iron sights while he was in a flooded hollar swimming though brush

11. thundermonty

thundermonty New Member

Hit a Circle drew in black sharpie about the size of a quarter on a piece of really dark wood at 50 yds in low light with a marlin 25 only irons on it. standing too

12. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

It's always great to impress your son. Father son moments are never forgotten. This is exactly want America needs more of. Too many kids stay inside playing video games instead of hunting or fishing.

13. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

110 yard head shot prone w cci stingers on a hopping jack rabbit with a cheap savage semi auto from walmart with a cheap 3-9x40 simmons scope.

14. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

I was 15 yrs old shot a buck antalope at 126 yards, he bucked like a bee stung him went about 60 yards fell over dead. My dad an grandpa were both there I had a broke arm an jaw couldnt shoot a centerfire at that time

15. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Head shot, squirrel, 75 yards, from standing position.

Nylon 66, .22LR, iron sights, no sling.

Critter dropped like a rock, didn't even twitch.

Of course, this was back before the earth's crust

cooled, when I could still see that far...

16. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

At the range, whopping 75 FEET
    Me "did you see where that one hit"
    Wife "think you missed the target"
    Me "thank you for your vote of confidence"

No wonder I didn't see where it hit, dead center in the black, and with the black back stop...

17. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

I took two squirrels out of a tree top at 100 yards. One shot each and both head shots.
    I hunt with a target rifle and match ammo and have a 6x24-50 scope on it so it's not quite as impressive as some of the others posted here.

18. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

800 yards, with a Calico M-100 carbine...since I had 100-rds per mag, I was walking shots into a patch of rotten pumpkins at the farm...
    Made a nice feast for the bugs & birds & critters :)

Sitting on one hill and firing over to the valley...making little dust puffs...or orange bloops :D

19. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

I think my best shot was when I knocked a blowfly off a wild
    hog's back at 250 yards with iron sights after cataract surgery. :D

20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

After reading a few of these I can belive that :p