telemarketer calls

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mountainman13, Jul 20, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Just got one and instead of your usual donation request they were looking for a subscription to a magazine and part of the proceeds would go to their cause.
    What's the easy way to get out of it ?
    Ask for a gun mag.
    Lmfao

2. tri70

tri70 New Member

Was there a chance to win 1 million $$ too??

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol nope and of course no gun mags. The telemarketer was like what the heck isn't this America ? How do we not have a gun mag ?

4. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

We get them actually knocking on our doors too in Key West. I've gotten to the point where I just have fun with them. The Cencus was the worst when in Key West. They were asking all sorts of weird things and even illegal things. The guy asked my what my sexual preference is. I told him I like to be on top. I don't think that was what he meant.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That's awesome. Love the avatar btw

6. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Thanks. I actually found the photo on Facebook. It is on my other computer but if you would like a copy PM me your email address and I'll send you one when I'm on that PC.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Nah don't wanna copy you. Thanks for the offer though.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Should have told him...
    "Livestock"
    Or even "deadstock"

9. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Living in Key West AKA "Key Weird" I wouldn't want to suggest I go to bed with a farm animal. They might think I'm serious.

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol. You aren't kidding. It's the only place I've been to where I saw a mouse(or was it a bird) riding a cat riding a dog walking down the street. I can't remember clearly likely due to doing the duval crawl. Lol

11. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

If you really want to see the freaks come down for Fantasy Fest. Well worth going once or twice but I've owned property here for over 25 years and owned 3 restaurants/bars just off Duval Street so I avoid it now. One visit to Fantasy Fest and you'll see why clothes designers make millions. 99.9% of the people in the world look better dressed. Those who have a body for Playboy are making a lot of money in Playboy. The rest are naked in public at Fantasy Fest. Is it too much to ask for a woman who outweighs my automobile to keep her clothes on? Is it too much to ask the 75 year old couple to not engage in sexual acts on the sidewalk?

Here is a picture of my 19 year old (18 at the time) daughter with my best friend last year.

Attached Files:

12. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I'd love to make fantasy fest before I turn 75 ;)

13. kellasloane

kellasloane New Member

Nowadays, charities and fundraisers (groups that solicit funds on behalf of organizations) use the phone, face-to-face contact, email, the internet (including social networking sites), and mobile devices to solicit and obtain donations. Naturally, scammers use these same methods to take advantage of your goodwill. Actually, I donate generously to any number of social, cultural, medical and political causes, but I NEVER respond to telephone solicitations from any source, for any reason. Pushy telephone campaigns are more likely to lose my contribution than to secure it.

14. stratrider

stratrider New Member

Explain that you're very interested but, you are in prison right now. Ask the telemarketer for his own personal number. Explain that you'll call him/her back tomorrow night around 11PM.

15. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I love key west, never made it for fantasyfest though.

16. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

I listen to their spiel then, I usually reverse the conversation trying to sell them snow tires, rototiller parts etc. They usually hang up on me. I think I get a mark by my name after that on their end...they never call back...

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member