Teenager shot in the head during home invasion prank

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by downsouth, Oct 15, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Home invasion: its all fun and games till someone puts a bullet in your stupid head...

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

yikes. was he the pranker? or getting pranked? im sure we will be told at some point.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Very stupid prank to play on someone.

But then again, aren't we supposed to be sure who our target is when shooting someone....unless the kid had a mask on and couldn't be identified?

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

If you truly believe your life is in danger, no. Your more likely to be murdered by a family member acquantance or friend than a total stranger.

I can see it go down something like this.

Lights go out
    breaking of glass window and scrabbling to get a door or window open
    victim goes for gun in fear
    victim cries out who is there
    no answer
    dark shape appears
    boom
    idiots with video camera for youtube scatter
    moron drops to floor with bullet in the head

In my book the idiot that got shot should be charged with home invasion as should his idiot friends. If idiot that got shot dies, idiot friends should be charged with murder

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I walk away from stories like this, wondering if the

movie "Idiocracy" isn't becoming a self fulfilling

prophecy.

Whatever happened to common sense?

7. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Only if you include the numbers of drug dealers killing other drug dealers or their customers that just happen to be family or friends and include suicides.

See, if you are talking about the antigun study that I am thinking of. They looked at 43 gun deaths, all of which had it so a privately owned (not necessarily legally owned) gun killed a family member. 37 of those deaths were suicides, Five were dealers killing family members, and one was an abusive husband being shot by his wife.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  8. downsouth

downsouth New Member

9. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I'm sorry, I was watching "Ow My Balls".... what did you say?

10. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Another faulty study and comparison. You can only arrive at those numbers and get those conclusions if you include criminals killing criminal family members, and suicides. Read "Protection or Peril? An Analysis of Firearm-Related Deaths in the Home". To get around the verbage the author called suicide murdering one's self. So those numbers were included in the numbers labeled as "murdered by a person known to the victim."

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/10/teen-shot-in-head-during-home-invasion-prank/

By Alyssa Newcomb
    @alyssanewcomb
    Follow on Twitter
    Oct 14, 2012 5:14pmTeen Shot in Head During Home Invasion Prank
    Email
    Smaller Font
    Text
    Larger Text
    |
    Print

(Image Credit: Facebook)
    A 15-year-old Alabama boy is in critical condition today after he was shot in the head by a friend during prank that police said went terribly wrong.

Jesse Rainey, 15, and seven male friends were spending the weekend at an unoccupied home that belonged to the grandmother of one of the boys, when a few of the teens decided to prank their friends by faking a home intrusion, Colbert County Sheriff Ronnie May told ABCNews.com.

“One of the young men cut the lights to the house, then a few of the other guys snuck back inside, wanting their friends to believe there was an intruder,” May said.

The teens were in the process of using flashlights to find the switch box, when Rainey jumped out of a closet.

His rattled friend immediately dropped a video game and fired a shot into Rainey’s head with a .38 caliber hand gun.

May called the shooting “accidental” and said after interviewing all of the boys and conferring with the district attorney’s office, no charges will be filed. Drugs and alcohol were also not a factor in the shooting

My question in all of this is "How the heck did a teenager get a .38 special revolver?"

12. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

That really is sad. The stupidity of youth is often fatal.

I am just guessing here, but Grandmom's and he got it out cause he was scared thinking someone was breaking in?

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

exactly.

if you murder someone, relative or not, your by definition a criminal :)

i wasnt commenting on guns just being murdered in general. stabbing, strangling, bludgeoning, run over by car, space shuttle pilot drives across country in diapers with an axe and lawn bags etc.

someone you know on a personal level is more likely to murder you than it happening by a total stranger. nothing to do with guns.

14. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

15. capnklump

capnklump New Member

We think alike, you & me.

16. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Oh, I thought it was the part about jonm being right.

Ok you are right. I was in a hurry to post something. My bad.

17. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I remember a story of someone coming up behind an armed guard as a joke. The guard was stationed at a bank door while a delivery of currency was being made. The joker stuck his index finger in the guard’s back and said, “stick-em up” or words to that effect.

He was shot dead by the guard in the truck.

18. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

19. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

Go away 'baitin

Seriously though, the first time I watched that movie I laughed pretty hard and then got a little scared.

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

:eek::confused:

The jokes are just too easy, and in light of the loss I will refrain, but c'mon!