Teen from Chicago Complies with Armed Robber's Demands, Shot Anyways

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by AlphaKoncepts, Jan 17, 2014.

1. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

It's a sad thing that this happened. And we know that the teen would not have been able to carry a concealed firearm, but if this is not the perfect example of why compliance with a criminal. Time and time again documented evidence compliance with the criminals is not always the best solution.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicago-lawn-shooting-20140116,0,2159364.story

By the way you may sign up for a FREE account with the tribune in order to read the article, most people think you have to pay. I won't copy and paste the entire article, but here are some tid bits to spark your interest.

Teen shot after handing over cell phone to armed robber

Kevin Baker and his cousin had just handed over their cell phones to the robbers when one of them had a question for the 19-year-old: What gang was he rolling with?

Baker was struck in the head and the abdomen, Butler said. A woman who was walking about half a block away called 911 and Baker was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where he was listed in critical condition.

Baker had just finished classes at Harold Washington College, where he was studying to become a veterinarian. His cousin was coming back from DePaul University, according to Butler.

Sounds like this was actually a good kid, wrong place wrong time. Sad.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

CGS,

You are absolutely right! It is a shame that many good and innocent kids who live in those areas and other areas die at the whims of the Bangers or Dirtballs all too often. And when we catch the B******s the court system does not give them what they justly deserve. I am all for the death penalty expediently in these cases, instead of 10 year of appeals and us footing the bill and feeding these worthless pieces of _________ in the meantime! Or feeding them and housing them for the next 50 years of their life, wasting our tax dollars and wasting good air! Insensative to their precious civil rights? You bet I am! They deserve NONE!

3. Shade

Shade New Member

TExt removed. Copyright issues

Please don't link the full article.

Posting parts is fair use if you include a link to the source.

JonM

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  4. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

I didn't post the entire article due to copyright issues, thanks Shade :)

5. Shade

Shade New Member

Not really an issue:
    1) First we got the copy for free.
    2) Second I gave the reporter and the Tribune credit.

So we are all good.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

you can't post the entire article only a portion and links to original article must be present.

Forum rules

7. Shade

Shade New Member

Oh my, bless your heart.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

That southern smarmy saying don't fly I grew up in tejas :rolleyes: