Ted Williams Model 34 Question

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by jwcloutier, Dec 31, 2012.

1. jwcloutier

jwcloutier New Member

So I know this is a really stupid question but I would rather ask than have something bad happen... I was just given a Ted Williams Model 34 .22. Seems to be in pretty good shape. I have never had a tube fed gun before and want someone to explain to me the proper way to load it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. barnjoer

barnjoer New Member

Drop the bullet in with the lead end up, rim down, just like you would load A bolt action. I hope this is plain enough so you can understand. [​IMG]

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

For an underbarrel tube- place gun on safe, tilt muzzle up at a 45 degree angle, and turn gun so that trigger is up. Twist the end of the magazine tube to unlock it, pull tube out until the loading port is open. Drop cartridges in the opening one at a time, bullet towads the muzzle. When you have loaded the number of rounds the rifle holds, slide tube back down, twist to lock in place. Turn rifle back over, operate bolt to chamber a cartridge.

4. jwcloutier

jwcloutier New Member

Thank you very much. Its as I though but better safe than sorry right? Figured this would be the place to get a good answer. Thanks again.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well done :cool:

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes it is less costly/painful to ask a question than to wing it. And that is FAR from the worst question ever asked here- trust me on that!

Matter of fact, we may put together a "Worst Question Ever Asked" thread. But the people that have asked how they can make their illegal/ homemade full auto/ silencer work better already have 1st Place Dumbass sewn up. The guy shooting .32 ACP out of a blank pistol gets 2nd place. :p

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Shoot- not even in the top 50 :p
    Great idea on the thread--

8. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

There are no bad questions, just questionable answers.:D