Ted Nugent's Gun Country

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jeepejeep, Oct 10, 2012.

1. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Anyone watch it tonight? I liked it but then I'm a big Ted Nugent fan.

2. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

I watched part of it. It seemed ok. I think the part with him shooting snakes with his handgun while driving his 4-wheeler was kinda ridiculous.

3. maso157

maso157 New Member

Hey I don't know what episode you guys saw but I liked the larue ar he got. 1000 yards or 1000 m shot I can't remember. Didn't really like the way he hunted but I'm very ashamed to say I haven't been deer hunting yet so I might be right. All around good and entertaining though

4. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Wound up recording it on the DVD recorder. I thought it was pretty good. If nothing else, you have to respect the man for having the cookout with the troops. And yes, shooting the snake more than once was a little over the top, but that is what makes Ted.....

Ted.:D

5. Centurian22

Centurian22 New Member

Between the two showings I pieced together seeing almost the entire episode. That LaRue Tac AR was Sweet! I'd love to have one except for the price tag and the fact that that is my ex-wife's maiden name. Don't need those thoughts memories and 'bad juju' every time I pick up my AR lol!

6. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I was busy listening to Cat Scratch Fever :)

7. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

What channel and what time/day of the week????

8. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I thought it was ridiculous that he had to go get a new rifle because he bumped his scope. Once I saw that ar I fully understood though. I guess if I had the $ that uncle Ted has, I would do the same.

9. maso157

maso157 New Member

It's wednesdays after sons of guns here

10. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw it on the guide, so I thought I would give it a try.

I thought it was good TV, not great TV.
    He seems a bit tamer than I remember, don't know if that is age or editing

I would like to see a little more emphisis on educating the ignorant public.
    But I suppose the ignorant ones aren't wastching his show anyway.

11. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Meh, it was Ok. They need some writers.
    "Rifle fall, easier to buy new one than verify zero on old one." :rolleyes: I'm sure the LaRue folks are loving the coverage, but, come on.
    "Dude has steel door. Must shoot one like it with a .50." :confused: Sure, any good reason to break out the .50, but don't call it "testing."
    "Must Shoot zombies at prepper compound.":rolleyes:
    Hell, if you want to blow $h!t up? Just say so. You want to shoot cool things with cool guns? Ditto. Don't use these (painfully) overly contrived pseudo-plot elements to try & sell it.

12. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Discovery Channel, 10PM Wed here in NY.

13. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Would you find any reason not to own a "Stoner"

14. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Quite the contrary! Zombie fests and such have actually made this a little more mainstream than you might think.

If I could get some of my acquaintances, to come over and shoot zombies, I think it would help open their minds to guns as a fun and safe sport.

15. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

What? ur ex wife was called Tac AR!

16. Centurian22

Centurian22 New Member

No as I have no past relation, attachment, or bad experiences with that name. Quite the contrary with the ex-wife.

17. Centurian22

Centurian22 New Member

Lol, not quite. Though it brings me a sense of Ironic pleasure to know her name (LaRue), literally translates to "the street", which became more true/applicable than I will go into detail about here.... and ultimately became the only suitable place in my life that I felt she belonged.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Nugent always comes off as a wobbly putz when i've seen him.

19. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I can't respect a guy who said in an interview for 'Creem' Magazine that he took Crystal Meth. prior to his draft physical in the 60's.

20. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Hell, I'd go too. I'm not finding fault with the activity. Just the tortuous route the plot took to get there.
    I came away with the feeling that the whole thing was edited and produced by people who had no clue about guns or the gun culture.
    For instance, people who had no idea about guns would come away wondering why in the hell that machine gun was called the "Ma Deuce." If they explained it, I missed it (yes, I know it's because of the M2 nomenclature). Does the show have potential? Yes. I would like to see it done a bit better, though. It's the first one. so I'll give it a bit of time.