Tech Gadget of the week by Tango

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, May 22, 2011.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ok so the place is a little stagnant because the weather is good people are out shooting, doing yard work and sports are in full swing.

I have having a big key chain. Do you? If you do I have the think for you. Enter the Keyport. It is a stylish and attractive key chain that holds up to 6 car and house keys. It also has the ability to to hold a USB stick or LED light or for Suprdave a beer bottle opener.

It can get pricy I priced one with 2 car keys, 3 house keys, 8gb usb, LED flashlight. It came out to right out $93. There is also a security thing Because there are so many different types of house keys you have to print a form take photos of your house keys and send it to them. That I am not to sure about. I think they should offer you key blanks that you can take to a locksmith and get them cut.

So check it out. Ultimate Keychain Alternative | Keyport, Inc.

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

That is way cool, and I might have to have one, but my truck doesn't have a key....:(

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Nice idea but my daily driver has a chip in the key to start it

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's a pretty cool find. Not for me, but I can definitely see a highly universal application for it.

Thanks for the tip Tango! Definitely a positive and beneficial thread idea!

*kudos*

JD

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Lon, if you bought your truck used from someone and it doesn't have a key.......do you have to hotwire to start it? Because, if so, it's probably a stolen vehicle. :p

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

No, it's new and is one of those keyless jobbies.

7. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Now, if it had two key-less entry pads, one on either side, that I could program to my car and my wifes car, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It was a joke, Lon. :D

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Yea Lon, don't you read smiley's? :rolleyes:;):cool:

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Just because you use a screwdriver to start it, that does not mean it is keyless. ;)

11. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Keyless

Some buddy's of mine have that same car and truck... They have this tube they have to blow in to get them started.......JK:)

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Oh....yeah. :eek:

I never take a smiley at face value.

13. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Me neither, I consider them to be fundamentally passive/aggressive :eek:

:p

14. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I get it removed in 5 months.:D

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If you look at the site they do offer keys for the ones with the chip. It cost more but hey you only live once and well the world ended yesterday so spend up max out them credit cards and live life like a democrap.....

16. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Sweet find Tango. I pobably won't get one, I'm just cheap that way, but still I like the idea. :)

17. freefall

freefall New Member

I mused to have a keyless '63 Chevy 1 ton. Had a toggle switch for off/on and a push button to start. Left the key hanging from the switch, Nobody could start my truck.;)

18. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

A combination motor was it? ;)

19. JonM

JonM Moderator

Had a 1980 4cyl white with red racing stripes 0-60 in 3 days loved that damn thing started it just turning the steering lock no key needed. My very first car. Didnt even need a key to open the door just press your hand on the driver window and push it down reach in and pop the lock