Teachers carrying concealed

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by MyRawTalent, Dec 17, 2012.

1. MyRawTalent

MyRawTalent New Member

Do YOU think teachers be allowed to carry a concealed weapon to protect our children?

2. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Yea I do. But it won't happen. The Tyrannical Government wants all the sheeple to live in fear.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

There's at least one school district in Texas that has already gone that route. The board's theory is that this particular school is 30 minutes away for the Sheriff's department, and right off a major highway in an isolated area, so if an attack were to take place, it could be very, VERY bad.

They do have rules on it. Several different classes plus a Texas CC permit.

4. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I think all schools should have at least one or two trained teachers or principals conceal carrying.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'll add to this...

I think that there should be one armed teacher per minimum of every 3 classrooms, and I think the cops should be left to do "real" cop duties, such as patrolling the neighborhoods of their communities, investigating crimes, and occasionally helping little old ladies cross the street, instead of the ones I've seen in schools, just hanging out, sitting on their butts and not doing squat. At least until little Johnny brings his nerf to school, then they get to arrest a 6 year old child and carry them downtown for being such a deadly ****ing menace to society.

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Security guards would be more effective. Most teachers are not experienced with guns. In urban areas you might not find a teacher in the entire school. If teachers are qualified and want to carry that is fine but requiring any educator to carry is a bad idea.

7. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I am a teacher in Illinois. I would carry at school if I could. I teach machining and our CTE is in a different building from the main high school. We do have a full-time officer but reaction time could be anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes depending on where he is in the building. I would want teachers trained and very proficient in firearms handling/marksmanship.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

security guards are worthless. they dont arm security guards in schools.

the only thing that stops this sht is armed citizens with guns. if you want lots of kids to die make sure cops are the only ones who have guns. this wasnt in the news because a psycho killed a cop to get the cop's guns. gun control only ensures that innocent people become victims.

get rid of gfz's let ccw people carry everywhere

9. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Bingo...anyone who does not think teachers can be trusted with gun should think about the fact that you already leave your little crumb snatching snot factories in there charge for several hours a day.

As Jon stated, eliminate GFZ's and allow CCW everywhere!

Tack

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

No I don't ... they need to be focused on educating the youth, not protecting them. We have plenty of returning and retired vets who are more than capable of protecting our children.

Place them in every single school in the country, dressed in plain clothes, with access to a firearm and remove the "gun free zone" signs ... then lets see how many of these piece of **** fucking cowards decide to shoot up a school :cool:

11. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Um... Dog... I've heard there are 100,000 K thu 12 schools in the US. To be effective you'd need at least 2 vets per school.

Let's assume they work for an average of $38k per year...we are talking about 3.8 million per year to get started. :eek:

Now I'm sure we could easilly find 10 times that amount simply by eliminating the department of education...but...we'd need to make the cuts first.

Tack

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Actually it's $3.8billion ... ;)

here is $750million to get started,

and some more funds to continue the program - http://costofwar.com/

:cool:

13. Hightide

Hightide New Member

Unfortunately, I think that armed personnel in the school is an idea whose time has come. Perhaps not each teacher in the class, but as suggested, several personnel, perhaps administrators who aren't in the room to accidentally discharge a live round.
    I do disagree with some who seem to think that it would be a deterrent. A nut intent on suicide is not going to be deterred by the fact that he might get killed. Any police officers in the group are familiar with the problem and danger of "suicide by cop". So, armed school personnel needs to be a low key quiet strategy.

14. charlesmar

charlesmar New Member

Absolutely think teachers should carry, and be trained. Gun free zones invite slaughter. They should have cc parents that live near by as responders as well.

Outlawing any gun is just opening the door to complete loss of second ammendment.

15. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I truly think allowing a TRAINED and certified teacher to carry in school would've eliminated the douchebag from murdering all those children. At the least, two teachers per school, like I said.

16. Donn

Donn Active Member

At first glance, it's an idea who's time has come. On the other hand, are we talking all schools? Don't know if it would be a good idea in some of the high schools around here. I see armed teachers possibly getting overpowered by students set on getting the gun. MHO you understand.

17. Yunus

Yunus New Member

http://www.proudtoserveagain.com/ It's a program called Vets to Teachers, government helps train vets to be teachers if they choose.

18. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

The beauty of CCW is no one knows who has guns. And if students take a teachers gun, there's other teachers with guns.

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I think you would be able to find retired LEOs or veterans who would do some volunteer work a week at time. Rotating volunteers to watch over the schools.

The students shouldn't know who carries and who doesn't.