Teacher Student altercation

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Sonic82, May 29, 2013.

1. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

2. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

....as I side note, regardless of the facts this teacher will go down in this wonderful PC world we live in. There's nothing he could have done (or not do) that wouldn't screw him. Walk away from it and call someone, your screwed for not separating the two. Lay your hands on them...you're screwed too.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

OK, wait; one of the members of the SOMALI community thought a headlock was too aggressive of a response? Isn't Somalia where those pirates were swashbuckling and those chat-chewing tweakers dragged a dead US airman's body through the streets as a victory prize? Really, headlock is too extreme?

Teacher did the best he could manage in a poor situation. The kid should be 86ed from all public schools in the county and charged with some level of assault (with an appropriate sentence for a young man).

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

The teacher was in the right here. He did what he needed to in order to protect the other students, and himself.

5. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Yes...they're already calling for a lynching.

6. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I would have done the same thing. What it looks to me is the teacher got in the middle of the two boys and the black boy kept on hitting and hit the teacher a couple of times. That what I think happened and why he did what he did.

7. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I think the little guy just got embarrassed about losing the fight and didn't know how to react after the breakup.
    That big kid has no idea how to throw a punch. He just banged his fists down like a monkey playing a bass drum. :D

8. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

I used to teach high school. I broke up a fight or two and, a couple of times, invited particularly aggressive students to step outside. Thankfully, nobody ever took me up on it. Their behaviour changed, though. Pronto.

This teacher didn't go overboard at all; in fact, you can hear him asking the Somali student if he's ready to quit and then letting him go - only to find that he wasn't ready to quit and then asking someone to call for help while he restrained him again.

Mr. Muhammed Ben Ali could kiss mine. Peace be upon him.

ps: On average over 5 years, my students outperformed the national average by 30% according to independent tests. Not bad, sez I.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Rocky- good for you!

When youngest daughter was senior, wife was going with her to see a teacher about coordinating soccer party- they were walking down hall when 2 Senior football players started fighting. My 120 lb bride snatched one up in each hand, shook them, gave them a drill instructor's "KNOCK IT OFF NOW!"- to which they humbly said "Yes ma'am".

One of them later told my daughter "Remind me not to piss off your Mom!":D

10. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

What exactly was he supposed to do? Let them keep fighting? Unbelievable

11. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

LOL. Good for her.

Kids need to know where the line is. If you have the guts and principle to show them where that line is, they'll end up loving you for it, remember how you stood for something and it'll stand them in good stead.

I had one young 6' tough pick up a chair once and advance on me. I explained, in front of the class, exactly what was going to happen to him if he kept coming. He didn't. He ended up being valedictorian when he graduated and his grandfather cried. Darn near makes my cry remembering it.