Tcp-738 ?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by dblkdad, Jun 23, 2012.

1. dblkdad

dblkdad New Member

I'm considering picking up a tcp-738 as a summer pocket carry gun & was wondering if anybody has any experience with them... Good or bad I would like to here all comments please... :)

Attached Files:

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

No experience with that in particular, but I can say that I can see no reason why someone would want to conceal carry a yellow gun.

The operative word is 'Conceal'. I can think of a few colors better suited for hiding.

Thing looks like a duck.:p
    Only comment I could think of, sorry.:)

Btw, drop by the introductions section and introduce yourself.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012

3. dblkdad

dblkdad New Member

^^^I understand that... It was the only pic I had on my phone to attach to the thread.... :-/

4. rarimes

rarimes New Member

Yes I have one. My buddy and I picked up a pair at a gun show about six months ago. I love it. After the break in period I really haven't had any issues with it. I put a slide on grip for extra cushion and it works great. They're nice if you find them for the right price. I'm a little concerned about the .380 round, I'd prefer a 9mm, but still its a nice little gun.

5. fast20

fast20 New Member

i like mine been carrying it almost a year now mostly in pocket holster... slide on grip is a good idea...
    [​IMG]

6. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Is that cheaper than a diamondback 380/9?

7. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

If remaining unnoticed is important black or silver screams gun. Yellow orange red pink screams cellphone/pda.

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Just bought a TCP 738FS model a weeek and a half ago. That is there 199 dollar retail model. Paid 185 dollars new at our LGS. I have 200 rounds of magtec 95gr fmj through it now and so far no issues. I found it is easier for me to shot one hande rather than try to wrap 2 paws around it. Shoots to point of aim. Nice smooth fuild trigger pull and measrues at 5lb 4oz. pull weight now. I bought this madel as it is only used for limited CC use. Now those that know about KT's finish I careid for 2 1/2 year doing carpentry work in a pocket. NO rust. I wet the slide in breakfree clp and this time put it under a heat lamp over night. Springs were you. It just soaked up most of the oil. That is what I think kept of KT from rusting. I did the same with this tcp. For me 185 dollars is hard to pass on. 200 more rounds to go for me but very pleased with the Taurus . Way nicer in every way than the 380's from KT or Ruger to me. The SS and Black SS slide models sellfor 259 around here. That yellow is knida neet.

10. fast20

fast20 New Member

i think its about $100 cheaper than the db 380..

11. PlasticGunner

PlasticGunner New Member

I bought one 2 weeks ago, I had to do the mag lip mod to make it feed every time but after that I have not had one problem with practice and Hp ammo. It shoots every time now. I have a little over 200 rds down her now.
    If you have a problem feeding the 1st rd Google "Taurus tcp 738 mag lip" you will find a easy and effective fix.

12. Westy

Westy New Member

Had one and sold it after a few trips to the range. At a minimum, one shot per clip failed. A friend and I bought one together at Cabelas, and his has the same issues. A few people may have gotten good ones, but Taurus autos are too unreliable for me personally.

13. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I few people don't ether try see if try is a real problem or try to read up on fix's or don't take the time to get it sent back to be fixed. Instead they unload a pistol that may or may not have a problem so some one else can whin about it. Some times thats were guys like me get a firearm cheap too and enjoy it. many times the brand of ammo they use is the problem other times simply cleaning and lubeing well take care of the problems. Others find a very simple fix like with the mag lips . Then they have a soild shooter.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012