TC carbine= backstraps

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Hookeye, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

Saw nothing with antlers while hunting this past season, too much new pressure from the guys next door.

Pieced together a little rig for IN, trimmed .35 Rem brass.

[​IMG]

Added shot and epoxy to forend, to better help with offhand shooting. Made cheekpiece out of .080" Kydex. Little rig fits and shoots great.

Previously it wore a Choate M4 grip with magpul CTR, which was a good fit, and adj (in case my kid wanted to hunt). But it didn't look right IMHO.
    Much prefer the "reg" stock. Of course I ditched the cheap plastic grip cap and modified an old aluminum TC one, with cougar on it.

[​IMG]

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Looks like a great small carbine rig what scope you run'n. Check out Boonie Packers - Safari Sling. I have used one for 20 yearsand I tend to wear mind above my belt line muzzle slightly high on as in this video but it doe show how it works.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwn6Kfno7o[/ame]

3. Hookeye

Scope is 2-7X Leupold. Run it at 2X in the woods.
    Sling is Butler creek, most times I carry my rifles in hand as slings kill my neck/shoulder (been banged up too many times).

Do like the 3rd up from the bottom, looks like it'd come close to matching Cabela's "outfitter camo"...........and I went hunting for paint to camo my rifle in that today.........but they didn't have all the hues I needed. Little gun stays as is................for now ;)

4. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

It stays as is, but delivers. Mission accomplished with a nice rig.

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Sling kills your neck !! No kidding , that the reason I mention this sling. I hump a 10lb rifle with it comfortable. Never owned a sling worth a dard before this one.

6. Hookeye

I have a problematic neck and shoulder, plus am prone to migraines. Even a stretchy BC sling can make me miserable.

Gotta watch how I layer clothes too, as a bit of a bind has me like I'm gonna puke over a short span.

Slings are for me, when I need to free up my hands. I don't use them to actually carry my rifle to and from places. Rifle stays in my hands.

Quite a few critters probably wished my rifles were over my shoulder when they decided to surprise me ;)