Taxes

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mastershake, Apr 14, 2007.

1. mastershake

mastershake New Member

Man I'm really bending over this year in taxes!

Nothing more really, just needed to vent.

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

This, gentlemen, is the oldest thread in the Clubhouse. I've seen so many zombie threads lately, that I was compelled to dredge it up.

This poor guy really got reamed on taxes in 2007, and yet no one seemed to care.

He just wanted to vent. That's all.

Mastershake, whoever and wherever you are, I'm sorry that this happened to you.

At least you weren't some kind of tool that wanted to mount a bayonet to a Sterling .25, you were just a guy who got bent over on taxes.

Godspeed, my good fellow.:cool:

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Most excellent post, brother.

I wonder what his taxes are like this year?

I am just glad that I don't pay Canadian or British taxes yet.

4. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Thanks, my good man.

What say you to Zombie Thread Day, when the single oldest in each section gets a revisit?

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I like it. Some could be gems like this one.

6. freefall

freefall New Member

I am getting it from the Taxman this year. What's really galling is not only the amount they take, which is plenty, but the fact that they make the process so onerous.

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've been lubing up for the past week in preperation to do my taxes. I'm going to get it hard this year and they aren't gentle.

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I went through and did my own for this year ... didn't turn out so well :eek:: So I sent them off to the thief ... err, accountant, to see if he could coax a wee bit more $$ out of the Gov't ;)

A couple of projects all hinge in the balance :(

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I think you're missing the point, my friend. The larger question is, what was it like in 2007?:D

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I lost my job in 07 so taxes were the least of my concern.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Actually 07' was about the same as any other year. Only once did I ever have to pay taxes, back when I was 17. Every year since I always get back anywhere form a few hundred to maybe a couple thousand. :) But for whatever reason when I did them up there was a huge discrepancy and I couldn't figure it out. :confused:

I sure hope our friend here that started the thread didn't get so creamed that he disappeared :(

12. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

So you think that because you are getting money back at the end of the year you aren't paying taxes? Just curious. If you are getting money back it means you paid to much and they are giving you the difference. It also means you let the government use your money for a year and you didn't get squat in interest on it. It's not a good thing to get back huge amounts of money. It just means you gave the government an interest free loan for a year.

13. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

No, so let me clarify from my previous post - only once did I owe taxes at the end of the year. ;) I wouldn't consider a couple hundred or even 1k a huge amount of money over the course of a year. So I would rather overpay and get a little back than have to come up with potentially thousands for April 15. :eek: I know people, some family, that get back 5,6,7k and up and think of it as a bonus. :confused:

But hey, to each their own :D

14. orangello

orangello New Member

This will work out better if you ask him NOW how to get more back or save on taxes for NEXT tax season.

I felt bad for one of our clients the other day; older dude bought his church a van for carting members on trips and such. Had he asked his tax preparer, he would have been told, in no uncertain terms, that making a charitable contribution WORTH over $5000 was MUCH more trouble/paperwork/hassle than making a charitable contribution OF $5000+. Poor guy will probably end up paying for an appraisal on the van and getting a reduced contributions deduction, shoulda asked the beancounter. :rolleyes: Untold throngs of taxpayers made energy efficiency improvements that didn't qualify for any special tax treatment, because they didn't go see the beancounter first.

15. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Oh thank God I thought maybe someone had fed you a real line of crap. I feel much better now.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I only had to pay one year when H&R Block screwed them the hell up and I ended up owing $2500.