Tax - What will they tax next?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

This is an old British video from 2007 with a sense of humor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kofaprF1Cpk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - What will they tax next?[/ame]

2. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

very close to reality.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Seems about right....Name one thing government hasn't dipped into yet.

4. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I tried to think of one but couldn't.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm waiting for a national "pet tax". Many places already require licenses for pets like dogs.

I'm also waiting for the Feds to stop cutting people a break for their kids and to start "taxing" the kids. I don't think they could get away with a "head tax", but i do think they could and will come up with something like a educational asset use tax/fee.

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Look for a push to institute a National Sales Tax like Europe's VAT. Along with that I expect a National automobile tax on top of State and Local Taxes as oil prices skyrocket this summer. I would 't put it past them to try a pet tax, but there is no one to demonize there and passage would be in doubt. An Internet Tax, a CO2 tax (if you heat with wood or oil), a recycling tax (if you don't recycle), and a Transaction Tax (every time you use electronic deposit of your pay or pay bills electronically) to name a few.

I haven't even gotten to the Gun and ammunition taxes I see coming yet!

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

We need to rid our self of every single tax law there is. Ridding our self if the IRS would make a great big hole in the budget. Then we need a single national sales tax on every thing from Apples to Zebras. If you buy it at the store weather on line or brick and mortar you pay a federal 6% sales tax. Then limit the government to spending only 90% of that income for a year the other 10% needs to go into a rainy day fund. That fund would only be allowed to be touched for specific reason.

Less lawyer double speak and more down to earth everyday speak in the government.

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

They will try it, not in favor of taxes on food or a National Sales Tax. You won't be either after it starts to approach 10%, like California. The Problem is spending and our elected officials are like kids in a candy store with mom's check book and daddy's credit cards.

9. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

Well as funny as that video was it's somewhat true. The taxes we pay today are ridiculous and the system is backwards and outdated. Why do we have a property tax? I thought it was good to work hard and buy your own property, but instead I'm punished with an annual property tax. Also, The irresponsible people who go out and have four or five kids get a tax DEDUCTION while those of us who have only one or two and are fiscally responsible have to pay more taxes. Now if you want to have lots of kids that's okay, my father is one of eight, but he also lived on a several hundred acre farm in Georgia and all the kids worked the land. But my point is you shouldn't get to pay less taxes because of it. Oh btw I hope no one in the IRS watches this and gets any ideas. Thx for listening.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

One, two, three, four, one, two.
    (One, two, three, four)

Let me tell you how it will be
    There's one for you, nineteen for me
    'cos I'm the Taxman
    Yeah, I'm the Taxman.

Should five percent appear too small
    Be thankful I don't take it all
    'cos I'm the Taxman
    Yeah, I'm the Taxman.

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street, ((car))
    If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat, ((sit))
    If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat, ((cold))
    If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet. ((walk))

Taxman.

'cos I'm the Taxman
    Yeah, I'm the Taxman.

Don't ask me what I want it for (ha ha Mr. Wilson)
    If you don't want to pay some more (ha ha Mr. Heath)
    'cos I'm the Taxman
    Yeah, I'm the Taxman.

Now my advice for those who die (Taxman)
    Declare the pennies on your eyes (Taxman)
    'cos I'm the Taxman
    Yeah, I'm the Taxman.

And you're working for no-one but me (Taxman).

11. orangello

orangello New Member

Man, i really used to looove that song.

12. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

True gas is around $6.50c at present :eek:

13. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

14. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Couldn't help myself.:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maz9ddxEQnM]YouTube - The Beatles - Taxman[/ame]