Tax stamp wait?

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by TXHunter247, May 29, 2012.

1. TXHunter247

TXHunter247 New Member

Ones anyone know what month they are working on for tax stamps? I bought my AAC 7.62 SDN back in December and can't wait to put it on my 300 blackout

2. delta6

delta6 New Member

The latest update I have:
    Mailed: 11/9/2011

Pending: 11/25/2011

Approved: 5/25/2012

Hope this helps.

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

How long was your approved status till they sent the stamp to your ffl?

4. delta6

delta6 New Member

Have not seen it yet.

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Oops my bad. Just realised u only said till approved not received. Lol

6. TXHunter247

TXHunter247 New Member

It does thank you sir

7. rachilders

rachilders New Member

Can't say for sure but the stamp for my SBR took just over six months from the time I mailed it in (25 May 11) until the time I got the stamp in the mail (27 Dec). The process may have been delayed somewhat because of the holiday season - the actual approval date was about two weeks before I received the letter in the mail - but that seems the norm for most class III stamps these days.

8. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I never called in on mine to check on it, but I mailed it off the middle of September 2011 and received my stamp on my YHM suppressor on March 4, 2012.

9. RudeMFRob

RudeMFRob New Member

PLease keep this updataed

Mailed 3-5-12

still waiting my dealer told me today that he has not got one back for two months :eek:

Is sending in a least five a week and nothing is coming back so I do not have a timeline my first came back in two months. this one he told me at least five months has been three but would like it if if you got one in update your wait time so we have some idea

Thanks

Rob

10. delta6

delta6 New Member

7 days (5 working days and a weekend)

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Cool! Which i'll be receiving mine mid next month. Cant wait! ;)

12. rachilders

rachilders New Member

FYI, mine took closer to two weeks from approval to mailbox, but it was approved just before Christmas last year so that probably caused a few days delay. A week or so seems the norm from what I've seen. Remember, that's just the form APPROVAL to received time. The total approval process from the time you mail the paperwork to the BATF until it's returned to you is taking about six months now. Just look at the date the application was submitted and add six months. Unless there's a problem with the applicaton that needs correction, you'll have a good working date for the return of your stamp.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

You meant by the date application was received... Or the date it became pendin status? Mine became pending on 01/06. So it can be anytime now or after 07/06?

14. rachilders

rachilders New Member

You should expect your stamp about six months from the time the application is received by the BATF. After they get your application it may take 2-3 weeks for them to cash your check and they don't begin the review process until the check clears. Once the review process is complete, if they approve the application and issue the stamp, it may take about a week for you to receive the approved application in the mail.

Anyway, if the ATF cashed your check in early January, you SHOULD get your stamp sometime around the end of June- early July time frame. OTOH, if you get a letter saying there was an error of some sort with your application, add about two weeks to that along with the time it takes to correct the error. BTW, if you get a letter saying you need to correct something and don't return the form & error letter within 30 days, ATF will cancel the application and you have to start again.

15. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Just picked my tax stamp today.
    Approved 6/18/12 and received today. So excited!!!!