Tax return ideas???

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by ShagNasty1001, Apr 13, 2014.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

So I'm finally getting my tax return back and have been having a couple ideas on what to use it on. First off, I'd like to keep the price under 1400. I've been thinking on either a M1 carbine, M1A, or a Garand. I've also considered handguns as well. I completed my CCW class and not being a very big person, 5'9" and a buck 50, it's hard for me to conceal my 1911. So go at it and shoot ideas at me

America doesn't need a Marine Corps, they want one

2. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

My first suggestion would be to adjust your withholding so that you don't get a return. Why lend your money to Uncle Sam for no return on the investment? I never understood the idea that a tax return was somehow "free money" in some way.

OK, now for ideas on how to spend it. I would go for the Garand because seriously now, why don't you have one yet? I mean really? That is one of the basics! (This coming from a dude who still doesn't have a 1911. Don't judge!)

Next would be the M1A and lastly the M1 Carbine. The carbine I would only get if I came across a deal I couldn't pass up. The others are must haves.

3. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Shag, what other kind of guns do you have before you lost them all in that boating accident last fall???

(Just in case the gubment is lookin' on :D )

4. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Haha wellllll I had a heavy barrel savage .308, a Daniel Defense V5LW with an ACOG, a Rock Island full size 1911 and a Remington 1100 12 gauge

5. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

And what state do u live in?

6. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

According to my license, I'm an Okie but according to the government, the oh so fantastic state of California..

7. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Sounds like you already have some guns for shtf things, so how about for just plinking?

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

just send me the check and ill take care of everything for you.. :)

9. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

What did you have in mind Anna? I've thought about a .22 but it's darn near impossible to get any back home unless I'm spending wayyyy too much for a box of 50 "match" rounds.. And JJ, I think I'll pass on that, but you can surely come take my place here in the desert

10. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Everyone needs a revolver. And a Smith 617 with a 6 inch or 4 inch barrel holds 10 rounds of 22lr and has a great trigger. Yes, 22 is expensive, but a box of 50 is still cheaper than most other guns to shoot. Plus great for intorducing new shooters to the sport, as well as children or wife or gf's???

here is mine:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  11. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Haha don't have none of the above, single and ready to mingle! A revolver has always been in the back of my mind since I sold my .44 magnum Super Redhawk but I'm not sure on that size caliber again.. That is a beautiful Smith though. What do they run?

12. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

600 if you know how to shop, 700 or so if yer a guy! lol

I own a Browning Buckmark, semi auto, and an AMT copy of a Ruger 10/22 and a CZ-455 Lux bolt action, The CZ and this Smith are the only two I gladly take to go shooting. The other two are now safe kings, and only take them out when I feel guilty.

13. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Dyed your hair red now?

I bought an AK47 and a semi-auto shotgun with my tax return.

14. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Well come down here to the nice, hot, desert of southern Cal and shop for me :p

15. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

The AK is also an option but I'm not super savvy on them

16. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

On the left....Arsenal SAR M1F. Very accurate and top tier quality. Bulgarian of course. About 1400 euros.

Attached Files:

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I picked up a Ruger single Six at a gun store a couple of years ago for around $200. Or you can get a Single 10 for quite a bit more if you want more capacity. The thing is that those single-action .22s are a blast to shoot and you can't go wrong with a single action to pique the interest of just about anybody. They see a single-action and think of cowboys. You can sped the rest on feeding it!

And hey, you don't have to buy your ammo in CA, they haven't passed any laws about that...... yet.

18. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Just think this, the Liberal Progressive politicians hate Americans owning them, what other good reason to own one than to just defy the tards???

19. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Nah, I've had more of that than I needed already.. :p

20. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

A nice leather jacket that will conceal anything.